Security Specialist (Armed)
Security | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Location: West Hollywood, CA
Reporting to: Manager, Security and Emergency
Company: IAC (www.iac.com)
Monday – Friday 6am to 2pm, OR
Monday – Friday 7am to 3pm, OR
Monday – Friday 10am - 6pm, OR
Monday - Friday 2pm to 10pm
Salary: Commensurate with experience ($25 - $30/hour range) This is a full-time, non-exempt staff position and includes IAC’s comprehensive benefits coverage.
This position will assist with implementation of IAC's security and executive protection action policies, procedures and directives at our two West Hollywood offices. The Security Specialist will carry out the directives of the Manager to ensure that the security staff is trained and adheres to the policies and procedures outlined in the Protection Manual as well as the job responsibilities detailed below.
- Responsible for providing a safe and secure environment in a professional manner. Ability to handle public interaction with disorderly or disruptive people.
- Assist in close protection, risk management, and security operational planning.
- Enforce rules, regulations, policies, procedures and respond to emergency situations requiring security assistance.
- Display exceptional customer service and communication skills.
- Write detailed narrative reports and maintain daily activity reports.
- Mentor and train security officers to effectively handle emergency response and protection of corporate executives.
- Provide executive protection and logistics support to company executives while on-site, and during special events.
- Assist in threat assessments, risk analysis, site surveys, and crisis management.
- Responds to incidents, ensuring appropriate action is taken by staff, appropriate parties were notified, and After Action Reports are completed.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups, managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to safeguard confidential information and materials and understand the necessity to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the work environment.
- Coordinate with Security Manager to establish goals, objectives, and then ensure these are properly communicated to staff.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Complying with all procedures, rules and regulations set forth by Department head.
- Perform concierge duties including, guest registry, report writing, building access and video surveillance.
- Operate Fire Safety Command Station to make announcements and acknowledge alarms.
- While primarily assigned to respond to the above responsibilities, it is expected that, should the need arise, the Security Specialist will respond to armed threats and any real or perceived threats of violence.
- Current CCW permit is required.
- Must be available to work a regular schedule, which may include daytime and/or nighttime shifts, plus overtime on an as-needed basis.
- Associates Degree and three (3) or more years of related experience in Law Enforcement, Executive Protection, Military or Security preferred.
- As condition of continued employment, it is required that employee have and maintain an active municipal or county-issued, California State-approved license to carry a concealed weapon.
- Employee must possess their own firearm (approved by Security management) and be able to secure their weapon offsite.
- As condition of continued employment, employee must maintain current active status of all required CA BSIS Security, firearm and First Aid/CPR certifications.
- Executive Protection training course or equivalent certification.
- Excellent organizational, leadership, communication and time management skills.
- Ability to qualify and be issued a security officer licensure in all areas.
- Computer literacy in MS Office, Word, Email.
- Applicant must pass pre-screening process including a background investigation.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL & MENTAL FUNCTIONS
- Read, understand and clearly speak English; constantly use speech and hearing (correctable to normal level required) in communicating with public/co-workers, giving and receiving instructions, using phones.
- Stand or walk constantly (for up to an entire shift) on various surfaces (tile, concrete, carpet).
- Climb stairs and ramps, occasionally during a shift.
- Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties.
- Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds.
- Run as needed.
- Constant use of both hands and arms in reaching/handling/grasping/fingering while using phone, notepad, writing reports, and other administrative tasks.
- Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level required) to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers, view security monitors; includes hand/eye coordination.
- Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat;
- Constant mental alertness and attention to detail required while setting priorities and following up on assignments.
- Must possess excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Must be willing to follow the chain of command and established security procedures.
- Must be able to frequently prepare written reports on the computer.
- Must be able to handle the pressure of working with a high volume general public (ranging from constant to occasional, depending on assignment).