Security | New York, NY | Full Time
IAC builds companies. We are guided by curiosity, a questioning of the status quo, and a desire to invent or acquire new products and brands. From the single seed that started as IAC over two decades ago have emerged 11 public companies and generations of exceptional leaders. We will always evolve, but our basic principle of financially disciplined opportunism will never change. IAC today operates Dotdash and Care.com, among many others, and also has majority ownership of Angi Inc, which includes HomeAdvisor Powered by Angi and Handy. The company is headquartered in New York City and has business operations and satellite offices worldwide.
Company Benefits & Perks:
- Generous Paid Time Off programs for flexible vacations
- 16 hours of Volunteer Time Off yearly for community service
- Industry-leading 401k plan with dollar-for-dollar company match
- Employer-sponsored medical, dental, and vision insurance
- $5,000 yearly tuition reimbursement for continuing education
- Pre-tax commuter benefits through WageWorks
- A vibrant office building in Chelsea with a well-stocked snack bar
Title: Manager, Security & Crisis Management
Location: New York City, NY
Reporting To: Vice President, Operations & Security
Exemption Status: Exempt (Salaried)
IAC seeks a highly skilled Security and Crisis Manager to help develop and implement the processes, tools, systems, and metrics for preparedness and response. This position (under the direction of the Vice President of Operations and Security) will plan, direct, and coordinate activities relating to the security of company assets, crisis management, and supervision of corporate security staff. The position will develop procedures and directives to achieve strategic and business performance objectives.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management and implementation of security protocols, programs, standard operating procedures, and training tailored to protect our people.
- Compile, analyze and summarize data from multiple sources to create detailed documents, reports, and high-level presentations for department leadership.
- Responsible for evaluating the work performance of in-house Security and Guest Operations staff and making recommendations regarding assignments.
- Administration and proactive monitoring of all security and emergency communication dashboards (real-time risk, mass communication, threat monitoring, building services).
- Responsible for supply management, invoice processing, expense reporting, payroll, staff scheduling, and overtime allocation.
- Oversee all facets of security access control, digital audits, sensitive investigations, and employee terminations.
- Oversee security and fire safety operations for IAC HQ special event venue. Responsibilities include Security/Fire Guard staffing, guest screening, contractor credentials, and VIP protection.
- Assist in the administration and ongoing refinement of corporate crisis planning and incident response, including relevant materials (plans, templates, guides) and delivery of the audit process.
- Lead Crisis Team efforts during and after a continuity or disruption event; collect required information and drive response action decisions.
- Develop, maintain and implement crisis training framework required to reduce vulnerability to hazards within and around the workplace; emergency training including CPR and AED; shelter in place, active shooter, etc.
- Train subordinate staff on software systems, procedural guidelines, company policies, and enforce consistency in policy practice.
- Oversee the guest operations experience, including a high-volume reception area and on-site parking garage.
- Technical knowledge and practical experience in all position domains: physical security, crisis, and emergency management, response
- Strong administrative skill set with computer literacy in MS Office, PowerPoint, and similar office programs
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalate with a preferred concentration in Physical Security and/or Crisis Management
- Physical Security Certification (e.g., CPP, PSP, PCI); prior law enforcement, or equivalent preferred but not required.
- Intelligent, articulate and influential leader with the skills and abilities to drive solutions and results
- Risk analysis, problem-solving, planning, project management, and execution skills
- Ability to multi-task, learn quickly, think strategically, be flexible, analytical, and adapt