Security Coordinator/Executive Protection
Security | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
This position will assist with implementation of IAC's Security and Executive protection action policies, procedures and directives at our two West Hollywood offices. The Security Coordinator will carry out directives of the Manager to ensure that security staff is trained and adheres to the policies and procedures outlined in the Protection Manual as well as the job responsibilities detailed below.
- Responsible for providing a safe and secure environment in a professional manner. Ability to handle public interaction with disorderly or disruptive people.
- Assist in close protection, risk management, and security operational planning.
- Responsible for, motivating, mentoring and training security officers to effectively handle emergency response and protection of corporate executives.
- Provide executive protection and logistics support to company executives while on-site, and during special events.
- Assist in threat assessments, risk analysis, site surveys, and crisis management.
- Responds to incidents, ensuring appropriate action is taken by staff, appropriate parties were notified, and After Action Reports are completed.
- Assist with the employee onboarding process including new hire training, and new hire licensure paperwork.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups, managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to safeguard confidential information and materials and understand the necessity to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the work environment.
- Training of subordinate employees on software systems, procedural guidelines, company policies, and enforcement of consistent policy practice.
- Assist with maintaining and updating operational policy and procedure manual, training guides, and emergency action plan documents.
- Coordinate with Security Manager to establish goals, objectives, and then ensure these are properly communicated to staff.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Complying with all procedures, rules and regulations set forth by Department head.
- Perform concierge duties including, guest registry, report writing, building access and video surveillance.
- Help coordinate operational functions including payroll and billing, staffing, scheduling and personnel issues.
- Occasionally assume overall Security manager responsibility in his/her absence.
- Must be available to work a regular schedule of Monday – Friday, 1:00 PM – 9:00 PM, plus overtime on an as-needed basis.
- Associates Degree and three (3) or more years of related experience in Security Supervision, Executive Protection or Military preferred.
- Executive Protection training course or equivalent certification.
- Excellent organizational, leadership, communication and time management skills.
- Ability to qualify and be issued a security officer licensure in all areas.
- Computer literacy in MS Office, experience with an online payroll system.
- Helps develop and provide security education and awareness, conducts security briefings, audits and self-inspections.
- Helps develop and revise security and emergency plans, procedures and instruction.
- As condition of continued employment, employee must maintain current active status of all required CA BSIS Security and First Aid/CPR certifications.
- Applicant must pass pre-screening process including a background investigation.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL & MENTAL FUNCTIONS
- Read, understand and clearly speak English; constantly use speech and hearing (correctable to normal level required) in communicating with public/co-workers, giving and receiving instructions, using phones.
- Stand or walk constantly (for up to an entire shift) on various surfaces (tile, concrete, carpet).
- Climb stairs and ramps, occasionally during shift.
- Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties.
- Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds.
- Run as needed.
- Constant use of both hands and arms in reaching/handling/grasping/fingering while using phone, notepad, writing reports, and other administrative tasks.
- Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level required) to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers, view security monitors; includes hand/eye coordination.
- Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat;
- Constant mental alertness and attention to detail required while setting priorities and following up on assignments.
- Must possess excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Must be willing to follow chain of command and established security procedures.
- Must be able to frequently prepare written reports on the computer.
- Must be able to handle the pressure of working with high volume general public (constantly to occasionally depending on assignment).
Salary: Commensurate with experience ($21 - $23/hour range) This is a full-time staff position and includes IAC’s medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) options.
To apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter.