Security Coordinator/Executive Protection
Security | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
This position (under the direction of the Manager of Security) will have responsibility for executing IACs Security policies, procedures and directives at our offices in West Hollywood. This position will perform front of building security based on sound customer relations.
- Responsible for providing a safe and secure environment in a professional manner. Ability to be handle public interaction with disorderly or disruptive people. Also expected to respond to emergency situations.
- Must maintain secure environment by patrolling property, monitoring surveillance equipment, inspecting buildings, and access points.
- Provide executive protection and logistics support to company executives while on-site.
- Follow all company policies, procedures and instructions regarding the safety and security of employees and guests set forth by the Department head.
- Utilize computer software for guest registry, communication, report writing, building access and video surveillance controls.
- Remain in compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations regarding security officer certification and First/Aid/CPR requirements.
- Knowledge of the locations of the emergency equipment and use.
- Assists in coordinating facility operations response to safety hazard identification and removal, and intake of delivered packages.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills with employee and guests.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Vendor security checks of bags and equipment to prevent theft of property.
- Provide executive protection as needed, and during special events.
- Must be available to work a regular schedule of Monday - Friday, 1:00 PM - 9:00 PM, plus overtime on an as needed basis
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Valid California Department of Consumer Affairs Bureau of Security and Investigative Services Security Guard certification card.
- Two years consecutive, full-time work in the Executive Protection field preferred or experience in the military, specifically conducting operations with government officials and VIPs
- As a condition of continued employment and employee must maintain current active status of all required CA BSIS Security and First Aid/CPR certifications.
- Applicant must pass pre-screening process including a background investigation.
- Must be available to work nights, weekends and special events as needed.
- Intermediate computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Must have reliable transportation to work.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL & MENTAL FUNCTIONS
- Stand or walk constantly (for up to an entire shift) on various surfaces (tile, concrete, carpet).
- Climb stairs and ramps, occasionally during shift.
- Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties.
- Occasionally lift or carry up to 20 pounds.
- Run as needed.
- Constant use of both hands and arms in reaching/handling/grasping while using phone, notepad, writing reports, and other administrative tasks.
- Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level required) to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers, view security monitors; includes hand/eye coordination.
- Read, understand and clearly speak English; constantly use speech and hearing (correctable to normal level required) in communicating with public/co-workers, giving and receiving instructions, using phones.
- Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat;
- Constant mental alertness and attention to detail required while setting priorities and following up on assignments.
- Must possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner; must be able to use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines.
- Must be able to frequently prepare written reports on the computer.
- Must be able to read and understand all operating procedures and instructions.
Salary: Commensurate with experience ($21-23/hour range) This is a full time staff position and includes IAC's medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) options.
To Apply: Please submit resume and cover letter.