Sales Director, Higher Education - Eastern Region
Ad Sales/National Sales/Sales | New York, NY | Full Time
Tutor.com is a great place for talented, hands-on people who have a passion for education, and like to get things done. We’re a public company and a part of IAC, Inc., a world-wide provider of internet companies. We’re the world leader in live, online tutoring--our tutors have served over 12 million highly satisfied students. We have big opportunities, a remote sales team to pursue them, and we need a market-knowledgeable, smart, proactive and detail-oriented salesperson that can close new business and keep multiple projects on track at the same time. If this sounds like a fun and rewarding challenge, we’d like to hear from you
Tutor.com currently has an opening for an experienced executive serving Higher Education to join our organization. The ideal candidate will have prior success structuring relationships and working with Higher Educational institutions or a related market using a highly consultative approach. Emphasis on experience working with the campus academic leadership on academic solutions is preferred. You should be adept at uncovering opportunities, navigating a competitive landscape and closing complex deals.
The Sales Director, Higher Education will have an individual sales target and will be responsible for developing, maintaining and enhancing customer relationships within an assigned territory or sector of the higher education landscape. Due to the size of the territory and the potential business opportunities, travel may be required up to 40-50% of the time.
- Drive the sales and closing process within established target plan.
- Aggressively pursue and rapidly qualify leads to verify interest and availability of funding.
- Develop and manage a pipeline of at least 3X quota ensuring pipeline accounts are continuously refreshed and remain active targets
- Coordinate and conduct regular sales calls with key clients and prospects, including delivery of strategic sales presentations via webinar and in person with the highest level of professionalism.
- Accelerate institutional adoption by effectively navigating complex sales processes that includes multiple decision makers and influencers at all levels of the organization.
- Ensure company staff and management is informed of customer and prospect trends as well as product performance and service needs.
- Develop accurate dollar and close date forecasts with defined funding sources and required steps to closure.
- Coordinate pre and post sale management of customer relationships, including with other Tutor.com departments (Marketing, Client Services, Product Development, Provider Management, etc.).
- Maintain account management role as assigned in key strategic accounts in coordination with the client services unit.
- Participate in annual, regional and state conferences and arrange for key meetings with target institutions while at the conferences.
- Become a noteworthy representative of the company in the territory by conducting necessary activities that raise the profile of both the Sales Director and Tutor.com.
Candidate Qualifications and Characteristics
- Five or more years of successful performance selling products and/or services to Higher Ed or related markets using a consultative approach.
- Proven ability to differentiate represented products and services against the competition and to the advantage of solving the key issues of prospects.
- Proven experience working in a key sales role identifying and partnering with leaders and staff of the institutions.
- Exceptional sales skills: needs analysis, positioning, justification and closing.
- Excellent "Business Sense" for evaluating sales opportunities in a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment.
- Strong customer relationship building and management skills.
- Strong communications skills to develop and deliver presentations, proposals and to contribute information needed for ongoing customer reports.
- Preferred understanding of the Higher Ed budgeting and funding models including federal and state funding sources available, particularly within assigned territory.
- Preferred knowledge of future industry trends and technologies, as well as the benefits and challenges of technology-based initiatives within a college/university environment.
- Demonstrated analytical, project management and problem solving skills.
- Experience in a collaborative team environment that includes Marketing, Sales, Product Management and Client Services.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Knowledge of Salesforce CRM preferred.
- Compensation including salary plus commission commensurate with qualifications
- Health/Dental/Vision/Life insurance
- Disability (short and long term) options
- Paid PTO time for holidays, personal days, sick days
- Opportunity for personal and professional growth, advancement, and leadership within an innovative but stable growing company