Finance/Accounting | Oakland, CA | Full Time
IAC builds companies. We are guided by curiosity, a questioning of the status quo, and a desire to invent or acquire new products and brands. From the single seed that started as IAC over two decades ago have emerged 10 public companies and generations of exceptional leaders. We will always evolve, but our basic principle of financially-disciplined opportunism will never change. IAC today operates Vimeo, Dotdash and Care.com, among many others, and also has majority ownership of ANGI Homeservices, which includes HomeAdvisor, Angie’s List and Handy. The company is headquartered in New York City and has business operations and satellite offices worldwide.
Company Benefits & Perks:
- Generous Paid Time Off program for flexible vacation
- 16 hours of Volunteer Time Off yearly for community service
- Industry-leading 401k plan with dollar-for-dollar company match
- Employer-sponsored medical, dental, and vision insurance
- $5,000 yearly tuition reimbursement for continuing education
What We’re Looking For:
Title: Revenue Accountant
Location: Oakland, CA
This Revenue Accountant role is primarily responsible for full scope Accounts Receivable and Revenue duties, including billing, collections, cash applications, processing invoice adjustments, AR close, and reconciling related GL accounts such as unbilled revenue and deferred revenue as assigned. This role will manage the sub-ledger to ensure transactions are processed properly, including the correct support, coding, etc. The individual will ensure that all activity in assigned accounts is recorded timely and accurately and is presented in accordance with GAAP. The individual will be required to prepare reconciliations for assigned accounts timely, and in compliance with company documentation standards.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Preparation of journal entries related to revenue, AR, and assigned accounts for multiple lines of business in an international company.
- Preparation of balance sheet account reconciliations
- Assist in contract review to determine appropriate accounting treatment and to ensure fulfillment of related reporting and invoicing requirements.
- Work with Sales/Operations teams to reconcile client accounts ensuring all payments and credit memos are applied accurately.
- Process invoices and adjustments and apply cash for customer accounts
- Identify and resolve all deductions, short-payments, and overpayments in a timely manner.
- Run and review aging reports for open accounts collections and reconcile to the GL to ensure it is complete and accurate
- Manage all collections activities including following up on past due invoices timely, providing excellent customer service while seeking payments, and timely informing management of non-paying customers
- Manage billing inbox regularly to answer customers’ inquires timely
- Reconcile the accounts receivable sub-ledger to the general ledger
- Assist with sales tax and internal/external audit requests and other ad-hoc reporting and analysis requests
- Assistance with development, maintenance, and documentation of all policies and procedures related to assigned responsibilities.
- BA or BS with an emphasis in accounting required
- 2-5 years of accounting experience, preferably with a combination of public and corporate entities
- Strong Oracle Financials and Excel experience a plus
- Understanding of current US GAAP accounting rules associated with AR
- Strong operational, organizational, and analytical skills
- Comfortable with change, can act as a change agent
- Detail-oriented and well organized
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple projects to meet deadlines and produce high-quality work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of projects
- Excellent communicator with the ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, managers, and customers as needed
- Able to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner