Manager, Tax Compliance (Hybrid)
Finance/Accounting | Hybrid in New York, NY | Full Time | From $100,000.00 to $170,000.00 per year
IAC builds companies. We are guided by curiosity, a questioning of the status quo, and a desire to invent or acquire new products and brands. From the single seed that started as IAC over two decades ago have emerged 11 public companies and generations of exceptional leaders. We will always evolve, but our basic principle of financially-disciplined opportunism will never change. IAC today operates Dotdash Meredith and Care.com, among many others, and also has majority ownership of Angi Inc, which includes HomeAdvisor Powered by Angi and Handy. The company is headquartered in NYC and has business operations and satellite offices worldwide.
Company Benefits & Perks:
- Generous paid time off programs for flexible vacations
- 16 hours of volunteer time off yearly for community service
- Industry-leading 401k plan with 10% dollar-for-dollar company match
- Employer-sponsored medical, dental, and vision insurance
- $5,000 yearly tuition reimbursement for continuing education
- Pre-tax commuter benefits through WageWorks
- A vibrant office building in Chelsea with a well-stocked snack bar
Title: Manager, Tax Compliance
Reports to: Associate Director, Tax Compliance
Location: New York, NY (Hybrid)
We are looking for a high-performing professional to join our Domestic Tax group in our NYC headquarters. Reporting to the Tax Managers and Associate Director, this role supports the IAC business units, including Angi, Dotdash Meredith, Care.com, and many other popular digital brands, in all domestic tax compliance functions. The individual will interact most closely with local accounting personnel at the business units, as well as regularly with all levels both within the tax department and throughout the various departments of IAC Corporate Accounting & Finance. The ideal candidate should have had broad exposure to federal and state taxes.
This position is ideal for a motivated, results-oriented professional seeking a career development opportunity in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Assist in the day-to-day management of tax matters in a fast-growing global company (response to tax notices, tracking, tax payments, tax calendar management)
- Coordinate information requests with business units and outside consultants. to effectively manage the compliance process
- Preparation and/or review of all federal and state tax return compliance including book-to-tax adjustments and state apportionment
- Preparation and/or review of quarterly estimated state payment/extension calculations (book to tax adjustments, supporting work papers, comparative variance analysis).
- Conduct income tax research and assist with special projects, such as calculating impacts of proposed tax method changes as needed and tax audit requests.
- Work closely with the IAC Tax Team to identify and implement process improvements across the various tax compliance and reporting functions.
- Maintain up-to-date awareness of potential law changes and their impact on the business.
- Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in accounting or tax.
- CPA and/or Master's degree in Tax is preferred.
- 5-7 years of corporate tax or public accounting experience preferred. Exposure to online media, entertainment and/or technology industry preferred.
- Advanced organizational and verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with internal employees and external consultants around the world.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Proficient with CorpTax compliance software a plus.
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment, with demonstrated ability to multi-task.
- Handle confidential and sensitive information to the utmost degree.
Salary Range: $100,000 to $150,000.
The base salary range above represents the anticipated low and high end of the salary range for this position. Actual salaries may vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to work location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of IAC’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, and short- and long-term incentives. In addition, IAC provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, a generous 401K employer matching program, paid holidays, and paid time off (PTO).