Journeyman Building Engineer
Facilities | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
IAC (NASDAQ: IAC) is a leading media and Internet company comprised of widely known consumer brands such as Vimeo, Dictionary.com, Dotdash, The Daily Beast and Investopedia, along with ANGI Homeservices Inc. which operates HomeAdvisor and Angie’s List, and Match Group's online dating portfolio, which includes Match, Tinder, PlentyOfFish and OkCupid. The company is headquartered in New York City and has offices worldwide.
We are seeking an experienced, self-motivated journeyman building engineer to work with the Chief Engineer in maintaining our West Coast corporate headquarters located in West Hollywood. The two buildings, located across the street from one another on the infamous Sunset Strip, are 75,000 square foot and 45,000 square feet, both housing a variety of IAC/InterActiveCorp operating businesses.
Responsible for keeping the building, equipment and systems ready for use by completing preventive maintenance schedules; following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes in such a manner as to ensure optimal operations and safety.
This role utilizes several trade skills such as electrical, heating and cooling and on occasion painting and plumbing.
- Comply with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency and Company directives related to building operations and work safety.
- Maintain building climate by HVAC equipment and heat pumps. Operates energy management systems
- Maintain building lighting by installing and repairing wiring, ballast and fixtures. Electrical work and repair
- Operation, maintenance, and repair of boilers, heaters, pumps and valves.
- Operation, maintenance, and repair of water filters, piping, all types of electrical motors and engines used to power pumps, compressors, and fans.
- Respond quickly to emergency situations, summoning additional assistance as needed.
- Perform other building related maintenance as assigned by Director of Facilities or Chief Engineer.
- Assist with miscellaneous moves and equipment allocation (tables, chairs, etc).
- Perform emergency plumbing repairs safely to existing plumbing fixtures.
- Maintain documentation of maintenance actions to ensure continuity; noting system or equipment irregularities requiring continued monitoring.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintain parts and equipment inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed parts and equipment; placing and expediting orders for parts and equipment; verifying receipt of parts and equipment.
- General maintenance including painting and patching of walls and infrastructure.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related projects as needed.
- General maintenance experience in a high tech office campus environment preferred
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and a minimum of 3 years of related experience and/or trade school training. (Or equivalent combination of education and experience.)
- Strong knowledge and understanding of building control systems
- An understanding of HVAC, low voltage electrical and mechanical skills, Fire/Life/Safety systems is required as well as a basic understanding of all State and City code requirements
- Experience with fire life panels; general operation and function required.
- Experience with power tools, ladders, hand tools, and related equipment
- Computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to lift, push or pull up to 50 lbs., climb ladders and stairs, and walk large office buildings daily
- Troubleshooting capabilities
- General knowledge reading blueprints, assembling instructions
- Some experience with motors, pumps, and controllers desirable
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently
- Will be required to work closely with the Facilities staff and building employees so good customer service skills are a must
- Position will require after hour availability for weekend and/or emergency calls
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation a must
- Regular attendance and arriving on time is an essential function of the job