iOS Mobile Engineer
Software Engineering | New York, NY | Full Time
Title: iOS Mobile Engineer
Location: New York, NY
Stakes is a gamified group chat where you make real-time predictions and win prizes for free. Our mission is to foster deeper connections by making the shared experience around live sports more exciting. We recently partnered with the NBA Champion Toronto Raptors to complete a successful pilot.
We’re looking for an iOS Mobile Engineer to join our core founding team. As a key member of the team, you’ll build out our technology platform, have an influence on our product strategy by helping define the product features, refine system architecture, and spearhead best practices that enable a high-quality product. A commitment to teamwork, hustle, and strong communication skills are absolute requirements.
This is the opportunity to be part of a fast-paced, small, and flat organization responsible for developing a massive consumer product. If you love sports and are looking for an opportunity to directly see your work impact the business, this could be the role for you!
What you’ll do:
- Work directly with the founders to execute the vision of the company
- Collaborate with mobile front-end and back-end engineers to build new features and fix bugs
- Design the architecture of the platform and find the balance between speed and scalability
- Be involved in all facets of a fast-growing technology startup including operations, business development and design.
- Write automated tests for the platform
Who you are:
- 1-3 years of professional mobile software development experience
- An exceptional skilled and hungry engineer and problem solver
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- You can understand and articulate the design and architecture of the entire system.
- You are eager to work openly and collaboratively with a diverse team
- You feel comfortable working in a tech-driven environment with the ability to coordinate across several stakeholder groups (Engineering, Operations, Marketing, HR, etc.)
- Proactive self-starter
- You are driven to learn new technologies
- Passion for sports is a huge plus
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation and equity share in a growing business
- Flexible schedule and generous PTO programs
- Benefits coverage including medical, dental, vision
- 401k plan with dollar-for-dollar company match
- A fun, vibrant office environment in exciting DUMBO with a well-stocked snack bar. We are surrounded by other young technology and creative professionals in one of the most picturesque neighborhoods in the world!
- An opportunity to build a massive consumer product that can have a significant impact on the world