iOS Developer - LiveSafe
Information Technology and Network Services | Washington, DC | Full Time
LiveSafe is looking for a very talented junior iOS Developer to join our team. We develop both iOS and Android native mobile applications used by over 100,000 people across the world. We are constantly looking to improve our platform and branch out onto new devices (Apple Watch, IoT) to deliver added value for our users.
The kind of engineer we are looking for will likely identify as a:
- Polyglot that gets a special satisfaction from picking up a new language, framework, or tool
- Problem solver that does not relent until digging and discovering an issue’s root cause
- Collaborator that thrives in a social, transparent, and “got your back” team environment
- Person who cares deeply that their work realizes positive outcomes for our world
- Someone that stays on the bleeding edge of technology to help enhance user experience even with new OS releases
You probably also have:
- Strong opinions on what makes certain languages/tools/frameworks good, bad, or ugly
- Sufficient experience with your favorite language/tool/framework to describe its faults and shortcomings
- A pet software design principle that drives you nuts when not used
There are always exceptions, and we hire exceptional individuals, so nothing on this list is strictly required. However, if many of these items sound like you, then we are probably a good match.
- Bachelor of Science degree (think CS, CE, EE, math, physics, …)
- In-depth knowledge and experience with Swift and Objective-C
- Strong foundation in Computer Science - data structures, algorithms, etc.
- Shipped an app to the iOS and/or Google Play app store
- Wrote automated tests for mobile platforms
- Prior development of SDK/Framework modules a plus
- Created and/or maintained a test-build-deploy pipeline (CI + CD/automated delivery)
- Fantastic health, dental, and vision
- Great new office space overlooking the National Cathedral and next to District Taco!
- Choose your own rig and dev tools
- Early stage equity
- Free drinks and healthy snacks
- Flexible hours and remote work
- Coworkers are passionate about safety (and darts)