Immigration HR Generalist
Human Resources | New York, NY | Full Time
We are currently seeking an experienced HR Generalist with a focus on immigration to join the IAC Corporate HR Department in New York to support IAC Corporate and its emerging businesses.
- Work directly with candidates, employees, managers and outside immigration counsel in preparing appropriate immigration cases e.g. F-1, E-3, H1B, O, PERM, etc.
- Coordinate all immigration postings, tracking and files involved with the immigration process.
- Responsible for the recruitment process for PERM Labor Certification to include candidate screenings and interviews.
- Provide a high level of service and consultation to all immigration inquires regarding status updates, next steps, travel and strategy.
- Prepare forms in support of various immigrant and non immigrant petitions.
- Assist with the completion of I-9 employment verification and coordinate with Payroll on any US taxation compliance matters as it relates to foreign nationals.
- Keep abreast of government, regulatory and/or other pertinent standards, requirements or information regarding employment of individuals on work visas and authorizations.
- Work hand in hand with HR Director on training and development initiatives
- Coordinate semi-annual performance management process for IAC Corporate and emerging businesses
- Assist in handling simple employee relation matters
- Manage annual compliance and policy recertification process
- Perform all tasks pertaining to off-boarding
- Work closely with payroll in initiating and follow through with Payroll Notifications for hires, terminations, promotions, bonuses and transfers
- Create ad hoc reports and presentations, as requested
- Assist in other HR projects as needed
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum 2 years experience in employment based US immigration supporting a sophisticated client base
- Minimum 3 years of HR Generalist experience in a professional service environment
- Must exhibit flexibility under pressure and demonstrated ability to produce results
- Able to prioritize and perform a variety of tasks on short notice within demanding deadlines
- Able to accommodate unanticipated spikes in workload
- Demonstrated experience working with clients at all levels of an organization
- Demonstrated experience understanding the business needs of multiple clients
- Strong organizational skills, strategic thinker and able to work with minimal supervision
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills as well as the ability to influence
- Intellectual and emotional maturity a must
- Superior written and verbal communication skills and strong ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent relationship building and the desire to provide exceptional customer service
- Highly proficient in an Applicant Tracking System and Microsoft Office Suite