Full Stack Developer - LiveSafe
Information Technology and Network Services | Washington, DC | Full Time
LiveSafe is looking for a very talented full-stack engineer to join our team. The LiveSafe platform is a robust 24/7/365 cloud-based system and we are looking for someone to join our team who is passionate about building world-class, highly scalable API services. In addition, we are looking for someone to help our small but growing team manage our cloud-based servers and deployment.
You most likely identify as a(n):
- Talented software engineer that loves building highly-scalable service-based web applications
- Polyglot that readily picks up new languages, frameworks, and tools
- Maker that does not relent until finding an elegant and practical solution to a problem
- Unix master who understands the value of automation and infrastructure as code
- Collaborator that thrives in a social atmosphere and actively contributes to improving processes, workflows, and communication
- Person who cares deeply that your work realizes positive outcomes for our world
You can probably also:
- Describe the faults and shortcomings of your favorite language/tool/framework
- Name several pet software design principles that drives you nuts when not used
Skills & Requirements
There are always exceptions, and we hire exceptional individuals, so nothing on this list is strictly required. However, if many of these sound like you, then you are probably a good fit.
- Strong foundation in Computer Science – data structures, algorithms, etc.
- Bachelor of Science degree (think CS, CE, EE, math, physics, …) preferred
- Built and maintained web services and sites that were subjected to a high request volume (consumer or large enterprise)
- Integrated with a wide variety of databases (*Sql, non-relational, object storage, …)
- Scaled out infrastructure using automation tools (Chef, Puppet, Cloud Formation, …)
- Built single page frontend apps using a modern framework (Angular, Ember, React, …)
LiveSafe builds software that makes individuals, campuses, and communities safer. Our “social safety” products allow college students to easily connect with campus safety and security officials, as well as with each other. Our users prevent incidents, react more quickly and safely during incidents, and expedite responses after incidents. Passion for building safer communities is in our DNA and we are serious about providing a high quality product that works every time someone needs it.
- Fantastic health, dental, and vision
- Great new office space overlooking the National Cathedral
- Choose your own rig and dev tools
- Early stage equity
- Free drinks and healthy snacks
- Flexible hours and remote work
- Coworkers are passionate about safety (and darts)