Finance/Accounting | New York, NY | Full Time
Title: Financial Analyst
Department: Financial Planning & Analysis
Supervisor: Vice President Level
Location: New York, NY
This position will provide support to the Financial Planning & Analysis department in carrying out a variety of finance initiatives and functions. The role requires a highly organized person who demonstrates a very keen attention to detail, a high level of proficiency with Excel with comfort working in complex spreadsheets, an understanding of financial concepts, and strong communication skills.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Assist in preparation of reports that highlight the operational results, forecasts and business plans of the company’s various divisions and subsidiaries
- Analyzing financial and operating results and informing senior management of key trends
- Help design and evaluate budgets, business plans and forecasts for IAC and its divisions and subsidiaries
- Identify and analyze operational problems and recommend effective solutions
The role will also work closely with the finance managers within the business units and will be required to meet strict internal and external timelines / milestones.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or equivalent quantitative major
- 2+ years of experience in accounting and/or finance in a corporate environment
- Solid understanding of finance, accounting, economics and statistics
- Strong analytical and computer skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A high proficiency with MS office products
- Ability to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to meet strict deadlines
IAC (NASDAQ: IAC) is a leading media and Internet company comprised of widely known consumer brands such as Vimeo, Dictionary.com, Dotdash, The Daily Beast and Investopedia, along with ANGI Homeservices Inc. which operates HomeAdvisor and Angie’s List, and Match Group's online dating portfolio, which includes Match, Tinder, PlentyOfFish and OkCupid. The company is headquartered in New York City and has offices worldwide.