Finance/Accounting | New York, NY | Full Time
IAC builds companies. We are guided by curiosity, a questioning of the status quo, and a desire to invent or acquire new products and brands. From the single seed that started as IAC over two decades ago have emerged 10 public companies and generations of exceptional leaders. We will always evolve, but our basic principle of financially-disciplined opportunism will never change. IAC today operates Vimeo, Dotdash, and Care.com, among many others, and also has majority ownership of ANGI Homeservices, which includes HomeAdvisor, Angie’s List, and Handy. The company is headquartered in New York City and has business operations and satellite offices worldwide.
This position will provide support to the Financial Planning & Analysis department in carrying out a variety of finance initiatives and functions. The role requires a highly organized person who demonstrates a very keen attention to detail, a high level of proficiency with Excel with comfort working in complex spreadsheets, an understanding of financial concepts, and strong communication skills.
- Assist in preparation of reports that highlight the operational results, forecasts, and business plans of the company’s various divisions and subsidiaries
- Analyzing financial and operating results and informing senior management of key trends
- Help design and evaluate budgets, business plans, and forecasts for IAC and its divisions and subsidiaries
- Identify and analyze operational problems and recommend effective solutions
The role will also work closely with the finance managers within the business units and will be required to meet strict internal and external timelines/milestones.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or equivalent quantitative major
- Minimum 2 years of experience in accounting and/or finance in a corporate environment
- Solid understanding of finance, accounting, economics, and statistics
- Strong analytical and computer skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High proficiency with MS office products
- Ability to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to meet strict deadlines
- Must be able to provide strong academic credentials