Finance/Accounting | New York, NY | Full Time
The Payroll Director is responsible for the administration of day-to-day payroll operations for multiple pay entities under the holding company of IAC. This role directly oversees the management and professional development of a team of 2 Payroll Coordinators (remote employees), and ensures the efficiency and quality of the company's payroll solution. This position works with internal and external customers; managers, employees, members of HR across multiple subsidiaries, finance and accounting departments, and our third party payroll provider. The Payroll Director also collaborates with team leaders across the company to expand best practices as well as to gather feedback useful to enhance payroll processes and procedures.
- Oversees all payroll functions and corresponding internal controls.
- Provides expert payroll administration service, including day-to-day functional or payroll support to achieve accurate payroll results.
- Maintains and tracks Tax and Filing notices outsourced to payroll vendor.
- Ensures timely and accurate processing for bi-weekly multi-state payrolls.
- Files Quarterly Monopolistic State Workers compensation returns.
- Assists with maintaining payroll files (i.e. Payroll reports, biweekly update files).
- Handles and resolves escalated payroll questions, discrepancies and issues.
- Manages the department execution of all payroll-related process (e.g., garnishments, year-end updates, banking, taxes, etc.).
- Conducts routine audits and assesses payroll processing and tax reporting information to ensure compliance with proper employment practices.
- Implements policies and procedures, and defines areas for payroll process improvements.
- Provides guidance on payroll processes and provides feedback to the payroll team and senior management regarding improvements to payroll processes.
- Participates in or leads pay cycle conversions & acquisitions.
- Oversees reporting and reconciliation of federal, state and local payroll taxes.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects operations by keeping personnel data confidential.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable government regulations, laws and requirements.
- Coordinates specific work tasks with other personnel within the department, as well as with other departments, to ensure the smooth and efficient flow of information.
- Liaison with HR, Accounting and Finance, and other key functions across the organization.
- Must possess a high level of integrity and work ethic.
- Must have significant experience working with UKG Pro (formerly known as Ultipro/Ultimate Software).
- Payroll implementation experience required.
- Experience with Cognos BI Reporting.
- Experience with multi-state payrolls.
- Experience with equity, deferred compensation and supplemental calculations.
- Excel proficiency required.
- Experience problem solving in cross-functional or matrix teams.
- Strong knowledge of local, state, and federal payroll tax laws.
- Outstanding communications skills (verbal and written).
- Experience managing direct report(s).
- CPP Certification preferred.
Requirements include 10+ years in the following areas:
- Leading payroll services and day-to-day achievement of accurate payroll results.
- Maintaining and tracking Tax and Filing notices outsourced to payroll vendor.
- Ensuring timely and accurate processing for bi-weekly multi-state payrolls.
- Experience with internal controls and SOX compliance.