Director of Accounting
Finance/Accounting | New York, NY | Full Time
Director of Accounting
As the Director of Accounting for one of IAC's subsidiary companies, you will lead a central accounting team that supports all areas of our business, from our broad national organization to our centralized corporate departments. The Director of Accounting will enhance our ability to improve company financial performance by developing and implementing accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements and by proactive coaching of our accounting team. The successful candidate will be responsible for monthly financial closings, maintaining and improving accounting processes, procedures and controls and a variety of accounting projects. This position requires a strong knowledge of US GAAP and accounting practices and procedures and excellent leadership skills.
- Ensure the accuracy and timeliness of the monthly, quarterly and year-end closings
- Review journal entries, account reconciliations and supporting schedules
- Prepare internal reporting package, including variance analysis and summary of financial results.
- Identify inefficiencies in work flow and implement new processes and procedures to ensure timely, accurate financial reporting
- Ensure timely processing and payment of A/P invoices in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Effectively manage and mentor the accounting department staff.
- Respond to inquiries from firm wide managers regarding financial results and special reporting requests
- Assist with ERP system upgrade and enhancement testing and updating of procedures and control documentation under a new system
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining a system of internal controls that will ensure that company assets are adequately safeguarded and that all financial reporting is prepared in compliance with all financial policies and US GAAP
- Areas of coverage include P&L, Balance Sheet (A/R, A/P, Inventory, and Fixed Assets), Cash Flows and all other regulatory requirements of the legal entity
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in accounting and/or finance is required
- Three to five years of experience in public accounting is preferred
- Must have been in similar, Director level role for at least 3 years
- Experience supervising staff for a minimum of 5 years with a demonstrated ability to form, lead and develop high-performing teams
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel for analyzing large amounts of data, including knowledge of pivots and V-lookups
- Experience in a multi-company and multi-state environment preferred
- Excellent technical accounting and analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to take initiative and operate independently
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer