Mergers & Acquisitions | New York, NY | Full Time
Title: Director, Mergers & Acquisitions
Location: NYC (555 W. 18th Street)
Exemption Status: Exempt
The M&A group works with the Office of the Chairman to identify, evaluate and execute M&A transactions and investments for IAC and its portfolio companies. We are looking to grow our small team of deal professionals as we are currently executing multiple transactions per year across the portfolio. M&A is a high profile, strategic part of IAC, and so this position represents a vital role within the company. You will be expected to be able to lead all aspects of transaction evaluation and execution, from idea generation through valuation, due diligence, and negotiation of legal documentation. In this role, you will have extensive interaction with senior management of IAC and our portfolio companies.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Performing industry research to identify opportunities for growth within IAC’s existing businesses or expansion into new areas.
- Developing detailed financial models and valuation analysis for potential transactions and compiling research, developing models and valuation scenarios.
- Coordinating and implementing due diligence for potential transactions.
- Creating investment conclusions and related presentations for review by the senior management team of IAC, including the Office of the Chairman.
- Leading negotiations of transaction terms and legal documentation.
- Interfacing with finance, legal, tax and other departments of IAC to ensure seamless deal execution.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in private equity, venture capital, corporate M&A, and investment banking (preferably in the M&A group). Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred. Experience in the consumer internet or media space is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in modeling, analysis, and research in heavily-transactional situations.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Self-starter capable of working independently.
- Expert level knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience working effectively as part of a small team.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- The ideal candidate is entrepreneurial and driven by a new challenge.
- Willingness to travel essential.
IAC builds companies. We are guided by curiosity, a questioning of the status quo, and a desire to invent or acquire new products and brands. From the single seed that started as IAC over two decades ago have emerged 10 public companies and a generation of exceptional leaders. We will always evolve, but our basic principles of financially disciplined opportunism and fairness in all matters will never change. IAC today operates Vimeo, Dotdash, The Daily Beast and Investopedia, among many others, and also has majority ownership of both Match Group, which includes Tinder, Match, PlentyOfFish, and OkCupid, and ANGI Homeservices, which includes HomeAdvisor, Angie’s List and Handy. The Company is headquartered in New York City and has business operations and satellite offices worldwide.