Corporate Flight Attendant
Flight Crew | New York, NY | Full Time
IAC/Expedia Global is the flight department management company for IAC and Expedia operating a Global Express and Global XRS with bases in Teterboro, NJ and Seattle, WA. This position is based out of Teterboro, NJ. To view the position based out of Seattle please see: http://jobsco.re/18w0Kpv
We are seeking a flight attendant to assist in supporting company executives during flight travel. Of highest importance, our candidate will provide our executive and guests with outstanding customer service while performing all necessary duties as requested by the pilot in command. Candidate will not only provide excellent and efficient food service, but also will be extremely attentive to all guests. Candidate will anticipate guest needs and proactively address them with thoughtful planning and service.
An aviation background is NOT required for this position, as the chosen candidate will be provided with training upon hiring. This role will require a great deal of travel, both domestic and international. Trips may take place during weekends and holidays, and can often times span the duration of several weeks.
- Providing excellent and efficient wait service on board plane including prepping and serving food and beverages
- Available 24/7 on all trips to assist executive as needed
- Thoughtfully anticipating and responding to the needs of all guests
- Maintain extremely high level of confidentiality regarding executives and guests of the aircraft
- Planning all menus and ordering catering; Including personally shopping for certain menu items/requests
- Full responsibility for cabin of aircraft, including budgeting, purchasing and stocking of: consumables, floral arrangements, magazines/newspapers, toiletries and other aircraft amenities
- Light Prep/Cook work and bartending duties on board aircraft
- Detail cleaning and readying the cabin interior for flight. Clean up after guests post-flight.
- Arranging dry cleaning of all aircraft linens, blankets, and pillows
- Maintaining database and inventory of all in-flight entertainment (CD’s/DVD’s)
- Arranging and delivering for executives’ baggage to be returned to appropriate residences or hotels
- Responsibility for checking executives in/out of hotels and coordinating ground travel with office staff
- Performing basic IT functions for computer on board
- Conducting pre-flight aircraft check lists, ensuring that all safety, galley and cabin equipment is ready for flight
- Providing emergency direction for passengers when necessary
- Preparing passengers and cabin for compliance with all FAA safety regulations
- Ability to travel up to 200 days a year with frequent overnight trips including weekends & holidays
- Valid Passport and authorized to work and travel in the US
- Previous experience in high-end hospitality or catering/wait staff at fine dining establishments
- High level of confidentiality regarding executives, guests and business/personal information.
- Excellent customer service skills and a “can do” attitude
- Proactive, resourceful and professional at all times
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lift up to fifty pounds of luggage/supplies while walking up and down stairs
- Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree
- Extensive international travel experience
- Additional language skills