Corporate Communications Specialist
PR/Communications | New York, NY | Full Time
Title: Corporate Communications Specialist
Department: Corporate Communications
Supervisor: Senior Director, Corporate Communications
Join IAC’s in-house corporate communications team and help shape communication for a leading technology and media company along with our portfolio of brands which include HomeAdvisor, Vimeo, and The Daily Beast. This is a fast-paced work environment that puts you on the ground floor of some of the web’s most recognized brands.
- Work with department leaders to develop and execute proactive and reactive communications strategies supporting IAC as well its brands.
- Identify trends and other opportunities to drive strategic coverage for IAC and its brands.
- Build and maintain relationships with reporters as well as conference organizers; handle media inquiries and speaking requests.
- Execute communications strategy and process around the company’s quarterly earnings announcements.
- Develop and distribute PR collateral and executive materials including press releases, media advisories, internal announcements, talking points, key messages, Q&A, press releases, speeches, presentations, executive bios and conference material.
- Serve as central point for communications materials, working with IAC brands, investor relations, financial, legal and M&A.
- Maintain conference calendar, identify key targets and opportunities and coordinate key cross company conferences.
- Coordinate all necessary info, regarding CEO/Executive speaking engagement, on-camera interview, press interviews or photo shoot.
- Monitor publications and websites to ensure accurate reporting of company information, including social media.
- Oversee internal communications with an emphasis on driving employee engagement. This includes employee communications, and serving as editor for IAC’s intranet, IAC Connect.
- Ensure IAC’s website is always fresh and accurate.
- Support IAC brand/leadership and Corporate Responsibility events at IAC HQ (i.e. ERA Demo Day, NYC Startup Job Fair, etc.). Handle marketing communications material productions as needed.
- Oversee and maintain department operations (press request database, guidelines, office resources, contracts and vendor services).
- A bachelor’s degree and/or a master’s degree, preferably in Communications, Journalism, English or a related field with a minimum of two (2) years of comparable experience in communications, preferably in a PR agency, or corporate environment.
- Outstanding organizational and follow-through skills. Strict attention to detail is a must.
- Good time manager with ability to enforce deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Highly visible position entails interaction with VIPs.
- Strong computer skills.
- Superior written, verbal and media skills. Must have editorial / critical eye.
- Good analytical skills. Many tasks require quantitative accuracy and thoroughness.
- Initiative and curiosity. Dynamic environment requires team players with high levels of energy and desire to succeed.
- College degree and/or higher education preferred.