Finance/Accounting | New York, NY | Full Time
Supervisor: Senior Director, Financial Reporting
Location: Chelsea Headquarters, New York, NY
IAC builds companies. We are guided by curiosity, a questioning of the status quo, and a desire to invent or acquire new products and brands. From the single seed that started as IAC over two decades ago have emerged 10 public companies and a generation of exceptional leaders. We will always evolve, but our basic principles of financially disciplined opportunism and fairness in all matters will never change. IAC today operates Vimeo, Dotdash, The Daily Beast and Investopedia, among many others, and also has majority ownership of both Match Group, which includes Tinder, Match, PlentyOfFish, and OkCupid, and ANGI Homeservices, which includes HomeAdvisor, Angie’s List and Handy. The Company is headquartered in New York City and has business operations and satellite offices worldwide.
- Support and assist the monthly global consolidated financial close process working closely with the Operating Businesses and Corporate Accounting, including:
- Preparation of monthly consolidated financial statements in compliance with U.S. GAAP,
- Preparation of monthly consolidating and eliminating journal entries,
- Analysis of monthly, quarterly and annual balance sheet, income statement and cash flow submissions including account reconciliations and variance analyses, and
- Review of quarterly financial reporting packages.
- Take ownership of the consolidation framework including maintaining the integrity of the global chart of accounts and related mapping between the general ledger and HFM accounts.
- Manage the monthly intercompany and investment in subsidiary review process between the Operating Businesses and Corporate Accounting, ensuring timely confirmation, reconciliation of account balances and elimination upon consolidation.
- Be a liaison with the SEC Reporting team to implement accounting practices related to new accounting pronouncements or SEC reporting requirements.
- Assist in the preparation of IAC’s and ANGI’s quarterly earnings press release, Form 10-Q and Form 10-K, including preparation of notes to the financial statements and related analyses.
- Ensure SOX compliance by adhering to internal control requirements, updating documentation and providing recommendations as appropriate.
- Drive continuous improvement focusing on streamlining, improving and automating processes.
- Perform other ad hoc analyses and special projects as required.
- 5+ years of combined public and private accounting experience; SEC experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required; CPA strongly preferred.
- Strong technical skills including knowledge of U.S. GAAP and understanding of financial statement mechanics.
- Hands-on experience with Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) software.
- Proficient in MS Office, including the ability to perform pivots and V-lookups with Excel.
- Highly organized with the ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and changing priorities in a very fast-paced, challenging environment.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is a must.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Self-starter capable of working independently, as well as working effectively as part of a team.