Building Evacuation Supervisor/Security Officer
Security | New York, NY | Full Time
IAC (NASDAQ: IAC) is a leading media and Internet company comprised of widely known consumer brands, such as HomeAdvisor, Vimeo, About.com, Dictionary.com, The Daily Beast, Investopedia, and Match Group's online dating portfolio, which includes Match, OkCupid and Tinder. The company is headquartered in New York City and has offices worldwide. To view a full list of IAC companies, please visit www.iac.com.
Title: Building Evacuation Supervisor/Security Officer
Location: New York, NY
Reporting To: Manager, Security
Hourly Rate: $20.19
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Work Schedule: Saturday & Sunday (7am – 3pm)
Mon/Tues & Wed (3pm – 11pm)
- Enforce rules, regulations, policies, procedures and respond to emergency situations requiring security assistance.
- Patrol interior and exterior areas of buildings and investigate any persons or situations that are suspicious or present a safety hazard.
- Operate Fire Safety Command Station to make announcements and acknowledge alarms in absence of Fire Safety Director.
- Utilize computer software for guest check-in, report writing, and video surveillance.
- Document incidents and any accidents that occur during shift and with a detailed report.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills with employee and guests.
- Implement and follow company policies, procedures and instructions regarding the safety and security of employees and guests.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Project an image of professionalism by maintaining uniform and hygiene standards.
- Vendor security checks of bags and equipment to prevent theft of property.
- Provide executive protection as needed, and during special events.
- Comply with all procedures, rules, and regulations set forth by Department head.
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Have a valid NYS Security Guard License.
- Possess 8 and 16-hour unarmed security training certificates
- Possess, or be willing to acquire a FDNY indoor place of assembly safety personnel certificate (Fire Guard License).
- Must be available to work nights, weekends and special events.
- As a condition of continued employment employee must maintain current active status of all required NYS Security and First Aid/CPR certification at all times.
- As a condition of employment, the applicant must pass pre-screening process including a background investigation.
- Intermediate computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation.
- Experience in military or law enforcement preferred.
- Experience in executive protection preferred.
- Two years consecutive, full-time work in the security field preferred.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL & MENTAL FUNCTIONS
- Stand or walk constantly (for up to an entire shift) on various surfaces (tile, concrete, carpet).
- Climb stairs and ramps, occasionally during shift.
- Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties.
- Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds.
- Run as needed.
- Constant use of both hands and arms in reaching/handling/grasping/fingering while using phone, notepad, writing reports, and other administrative tasks.
- Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level required) to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers, view security monitors; includes hand/eye coordination.
- Read, understand and clearly speak English; constantly use speech and hearing (correctable to normal level required) in communicating with public/co-workers, giving and receiving instructions, using phones.
- Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat;
- Constant mental alertness and attention to detail required while setting priorities and following up on assignments.
- Must possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner; must be able to use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines.
- Must be able to frequently prepare written reports on the computer.
- Must be able to read and understand all operating procedures and instructions.
- Must be able to handle pressure of working with high volume general public (constantly to occasionally depending on assignment).