Associate Director, M&A
Mergers & Acquisitions | New York, NY | Full Time
IAC (NASDAQ: IAC) is a leading media and Internet company comprised of widely known consumer brands such as Vimeo, Dictionary.com, Dotdash, The Daily Beast and Investopedia, along with ANGI Homeservices Inc. which operates HomeAdvisor and Angie’s List, and Match Group's online dating portfolio, which includes Match, Tinder, PlentyOfFish and OkCupid. The company is headquartered in New York City and has offices worldwide.
Title: Associate Director, Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A)
Location: New York, NY (555 W. 18th St)
The M&A group works with IAC’s Chairman, CEO and other of the company’s business leaders to identify, evaluate and execute M&A transactions and investments for IAC and its portfolio companies. We are looking to grow our small team of deal professionals as we are currently executing 15-20 transactions per year across the portfolio. M&A is a high profile, strategic part of IAC, and only becoming more so following the Match Group IPO and acquisition of Angie's List.
This position is a vital role within the company. You will be expected to conduct robust financial analysis and drive due diligence for potential transactions. You will play an active role in idea generation, deal structuring, and legal documentation. Additionally, you will have extensive interaction with senior management of IAC and our portfolio companies.
High performers will have the opportunity to progress to more senior levels of responsibility within the M&A team or move to operational roles at a portfolio company.
- Developing detailed financial models and valuation analysis for potential transactions.
- Performing industry research to identify opportunities for growth within IAC’s existing businesses or expansion into new areas.
- Coordinating and implementing due diligence for potential transactions.
- Creating investment conclusions and related presentations for review by the senior management team of IAC.
- Actively contributing to the negotiation of transaction terms and legal documentation.
- Interfacing with finance, legal, tax and other departments of IAC to ensure seamless deal execution.
- 2-4 years of experience in investment banking (preferably in the M&A group), management consulting, private equity, venture capital, or corporate development.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Experience in the consumer internet or media space is preferred.
- We value skill, potential, and passion over experience so if you are someone who wants to play “above your level”, we look forward to meeting you.
- Demonstrated experience in modeling, analysis, and research
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Self-starter capable of working independently.
- Expert level knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience working effectively as part of a small team.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- The ideal candidate is entrepreneurial and driven by a new challenge.
- Willingness to travel essential.