Associate Director, M&A
Mergers & Acquisitions | New York, NY | Full Time
IAC builds companies. We are guided by curiosity, a questioning of the status quo, and a desire to invent or acquire new products and brands. From the single seed that started as IAC over two decades ago have emerged 10 public companies and generations of exceptional leaders. We will always evolve, but our basic principle of financially-disciplined opportunism will never change. IAC today operates Vimeo, Dotdash, and Care.com, among many others, and also has majority ownership of ANGI Homeservices, which includes HomeAdvisor, Angie’s List, and Handy. The company is headquartered in New York City and has business operations and satellite offices worldwide.
The M&A group works with the Office of the Chairman to identify, evaluate, and execute M&A transactions and investments for IAC and its portfolio companies. We are looking to grow our small team of deal professionals as we are currently executing 15-20 transactions per year across the portfolio. M&A is a high profile, strategic part of IAC, and so this position represents a vital role within the company. You will be expected to be able to lead all aspects of transaction evaluation and execution, from idea generation through valuation, due diligence, and negotiation of legal documentation. In this role, you will have extensive interaction with senior management of IAC and our portfolio companies.
- Performing industry research to identify opportunities for growth within IAC’s existing businesses or expansion into new areas.
- Developing detailed financial models and valuation analysis for potential transactions and leading Associate Directors in compiling research, developing models, and valuation scenarios.
- Coordinating and implementing due diligence for potential transactions.
- Creating investment conclusions and related presentations for review by the senior management team of IAC, including the Office of the Chairman.
- Interfacing with finance, legal, tax, and other departments of IAC to ensure seamless deal execution.
- Minimum 3-4 years of experience in private equity, venture capital, corporate M&A, or investment banking (preferably in the M&A group). Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred. Experience in the consumer internet or media space is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in modeling, analysis, and research in heavily-transactional situations.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Self-starter capable of working independently.
- Expert level knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience working effectively as part of a small team.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Ideal candidate is entrepreneurial and driven by a new challenge.
- Willingness to travel essential.