Information Technology and Network Services | Washington, DC | Full Time
About the Job
LiveSafe builds software that makes individuals, campuses, and communities safer. Our “social safety” products allow college students to easily connect with campus safety and security officials, as well as with each other. Our users prevent incidents, react more quickly and safely during incidents, and expedite responses after incidents. Passion for building safer communities is in our DNA and we are serious about providing a high quality product that works every time someone needs it.
You most likely identify as a:
- Talented software engineer that happens to love the challenges that testing is heir to
- Polyglot that gets a special satisfaction from picking up a new language, framework, or tool
- Problem solver that does not relent until digging and discovering an issue’s root cause
- Collaborator that thrives in a social, transparent, and “got your back” team environment
- Person who cares deeply that their work realizes positive outcomes for our world
- Someone that stays on the bleeding edge of technology to help enhance user experience even with new OS releases
You probably also have:
- Strong opinions on what makes certain languages/tools/frameworks good, bad, or ugly
- Sufficient experience with your favorite language/tool/framework to describe its faults and shortcomings
- A pet software design principle that drives you nuts when not used
What we are looking for
There are always exceptions, and we hire exceptional individuals, so nothing on this list is strictly required. However, if many of these items sound like you, then we are probably a good match.
- Bachelor of Science degree (think CS, CE, EE, math, physics, …)
- Strong foundation in Computer Science - data structures, algorithms, etc.
- Shipped an app to the Android and/or iOS app store
- Wrote automated tests for mobile platforms
- Wrote integration and end-to-end tests for web apps and services
- Familiar with various Open Source libraries such as Dagger, RxJava, Retrofit….
- Created and/or maintained a test-build-deploy pipeline (CI + CD/automated delivery)
Technologies we use and teach
- iOS, Android, node.js
- AWS EC2, S3, DynamoDB, RDS, Opsworks, CircleCI
- JUnit, Espresso, Mocha, Chai, ServerSpec
● Early stage equity
● Fantastic health, dental, and vision
● Choose your own rig and dev tools
● Free drinks and healthy snacks
● Flexible hours and remote work
● Coworkers are passionate about safety (and ping pong)