Analyst, Mergers & Acquisitions
Business Development/Strategic Management | New York, NY | Full Time
IAC is a leading media and Internet company focused in the core areas of search, applications, online dating, local and media. Ranked by Fortune magazine's annual standing of the world's most admired companies in the Internet Services & Retailing sector for many years, IAC's network of sites has over a billion total monthly visits in more than 30 countries and is the 7th largest network in the world. The company is headquartered in the Chelsea neighborhood of New York City with business operations and satellite offices around the world. Find us online at www.iac.com.
Title: Analyst, Mergers and Acquisitions
Department: Mergers and Acquisitions
Supervisor: Managing Director, Mergers & Acquisition
The Analyst is the entry-level position into the highly visible M&A group of IAC. The M&A group works closely with the Office of the Chairman to determine acquisition opportunities, and it is responsible for the execution of all transactions initiated by the company. The Analyst represents a vital role in the group’s activities, assisting in all aspects of potential transactions. The Analyst will attend meetings with management teams of target companies and the senior management team of IAC, lead all valuation analysis at the direction of the Managing Director and VPs, and be an integral part of coordinating appropriate due diligence activities.
Reporting to the Managing Director, M&A the Analyst will be responsible for providing a variety of analytical support to the team. This will include, but may not be limited to:
- Performing industry research to highlight opportunities within IAC’s existing business verticals or expansion into new business verticals.
- Developing detailed financial models and valuation scenarios for potential transactions.
- Coordinating and implementing due diligence for potential transactions.
- Assist in creating investment conclusions and related presentations for review by the senior management team of IAC, including the Office of the Chairman.
- Participating as a team member in transaction negotiations and legal documentation.
- Minimum of 2 years analyst experience in an investment banking environment, preferably in M&A group
- 1-2 years experience in private equity, venture capital, or corporate M&A is a plus
- Demonstrated experience in modeling, analysis and research in transactional situations.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Expert level knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Self-starter capable of working independently.
- Experience working effectively as part of a small team.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Ideal candidate is entrepreneurial and driven by a new challenge.
- Willingness to travel is essential.
- Experience in the interactive arena and international marketplace is a plus.
EDUCATION Bachelor’s degree required.