Senior Technical Services Engineer
Customer Support | Mountain View, CA | Full Time
Senior Technical Services Engineer
HyperGrid is the leader in Hyper Converged All-Flash Infrastructure for the Microsoft Cloud-Inspired Data Center. HyperGrid is in hyper growth mode, recognized by Gartner and industry analysts as the company executing a transformative vision in delivering the most optimized infrastructure platform for enterprise IT and lines of business.
The HyperGrid Customer Success Team is seeking someone that can establish themselves as a Trusted Advisor to our Customers while managing service issues through all phases of the customer lifecycle. In this role, you will be working directly with our customers, other technical service engineers and development to ensure that every customer:
- Has a superior onboarding experience getting HyperGrid installed and running successfully
- Understands HyperGrid™ solution best practices and keys to success for maximizing their solution performance
- Receives maniacally focused service excellence, with regular communication, expectation setting and follow-up.
- Recognizes you as their advocate for solution enhancements and issue resolution and can depend on you for ongoing communication, and understanding of evolving systems needs
- Can depend on you to communicate ongoing needs to sales as needed, based on their evolving business
- Utilizes you experience and customer advocacy to identify solution enhancements that add to the total customer solution value. Keeps them updated on status/commitments from the HyperGrid team.
- Identify opportunities for HyperGrid to continuously improve its customer experience in the areas of in service, support, and training, and then communicate those opportunities in an effective and prioritized way
- Lead or participate in cross functional teams on process improvement to benefit customers
- Provide an escalation point of contact for customers to ensure effective and rapid communication and resolution of problems.
- Keep abreast of emerging technologies and trends in datacenter infrastructure management
Skills and Experience
- A degree or equivalent experience in Engineering, Information Technology, or a related field
- 2+ years of experience with data centers managing infrastructure, networking, applications, etc.
- 3-5 years of technical support experience working with enterprise level customers, successfully troubleshooting and resolving complex networking and system level issues
- Direct customer advocacy and engagement experience.
- Passionate about customers and new technologies
- Strong technical, analytic and problem solving skills combined with the ability to effectively drive and communicate problem resolution.
- Exceptional verbal, written, organizational, presentation, and communication skills.
- Prior services or consultative experience highly desirable
- Ability to successfully engage and work with a range of personality types and varied systems experience
- Up to 50% travel may be required in this position
- Knowledge of hyper-converged platforms
- Security, domain, Authentication, implementation, and security tools knowledge
- Demonstrated Windows troubleshooting experience, specifically in the areas of clustered environments
- Knowledge of storage systems
- Deep understanding of networking, (routers, switches, etc)
- Virtualization and systems administration knowledge
- Knowledge of data center monitoring and scripting
- Demonstrated knowledge in the areas of:
- MCSE/MCITP, CISSP, CCNA, Security+, Network+ preferred
- Working knowledge of the following systems: Windows Server 2003, 2008 and 2012, Windows 7, SQL Server 2005, 2008, and 2012
- Active Directory, Group Policy, DHCP, DNS, IIS. (Architecture, design, disaster recovery and troubleshooting)
- Experience with storage arrays including SAN and NAS solutions
- Experience with virtualization technology including VMware and/or Microsoft Virtual Server
- Experience with Microsoft Cluster technology
- Exposure and/or experience working with Azure strongly desired
Benefits of working with HyperGrid!
Top Notch Health Benefits – Medical Dental Vision Life & Accident Insurance
Weekly “win” celebration
Free parking and commuter benefits
Kitchen stocked with tasty snacks, drinks & latte’s
Pre-IPO Equity Option