Supply Chain | Bend, OR | Full Time
As one of the nation’s fastest growing kombucha companies, Humm Kombucha is on a quest to put the goodness of Humm in the hands of as many people as possible.
We are hiring a Warehouse Manager who oversees the daily management of all shipping, receiving, order fulfillment, inventory, and warehouse processes.
What You’ll Be Doing:
In this role, you’ll direct and support all warehouse locations and staff. The Warehouse Manager is responsible for setting work priorities and department goals. This person needs to be able to work well in a team-oriented environment while providing excellent service to our many internal and external customers. The Warehouse Manager has overall accountability for the results of the team which includes:
- Staff Supervision and Training
- Coach employees to foster growth and skills development while managing performance. Monitor goals and performance measures to improve warehouse efficiency and processes. Evaluate and resolve barriers that prevent the team from achieving goals.
- Develop strong working relationships across the team and internal departments.
- Address complaints and resolve problems in a timely manner following correct processes.
- Conduct regular team and 1:1 meetings to share information and ensure two-way communication.
- Certify Forklift operators companywide.
- Coordinate schedules for shipping and receiving materials to control the flow of goods and regulate warehouse capacity.
- Ensure finished goods are transferred timely to support storage plans, repacking schedule, order fulfillment and to prevent order shortages.
- Book and confirm outbound transfers with Logistics team.
- Ensure materials are staged timely and accurately to support production.
- Perform space planning analysis. Proactively communicate and resolve space constraints.
- Ensure dunnage returns are stored/shipped properly, and paperwork is complete.
- Order Fulfillment
- Provide management oversight and support for Sales Order, eCommerce, and Taproom picking and fulfillment. Ensure orders and/or transfers, including Taproom waste, are processed and shipped accurately and timely.
- Coordinate prep of Amazon FBA products and verify accuracy.
- Create weekly receiving and organization plan for all incoming goods.
- Ensure inbound shipments are inspected upon arrival, damaged products are rejected, shortages are recorded, and issues are communicated to Purchasing and Finance. Research and reconcile receiving discrepancies. Ensure ERP system is updated timely.
- Inventory Management
- Ensure all products are stored properly according to food and safety standards.
- Ensure ingredients, materials, and finished goods are organized and maintained by expiration date/lot number.
- Coordinate weekly, monthly, and annual inventory counts of ingredients, packaging, merchandise, supplies, and finished goods for planning, purchasing, and finance purposes. Manage and post inventory counts in ERP system.
- Manage holds, obsolete, and aging inventory including weekly reporting and approval processes.
- Maintain Department goals for inventory variance. Develop tools and direct work to resolve inventory variance timely.
- Ensure complete, accurate, and timely completion of ERP inventory transactions including receipts, sales orders, transfer orders, and inventory adjustments.
- Safety Quality and Compliance
- Ensure compliance with all Food Safety Management System, GMP’s, and Safety Protocols.
- Maintain paper and electronic records per records retention policies.
- Maintain a safe/injury free work environment.
- Ensure procedures and scorecards are in place for the team. Complete monthly KPI reporting.
- Maintain physical condition of the warehouse by planning and implementing design layouts, keeping all interior and exterior areas clean and organized, effective waste management, and inspecting equipment. Issue work order requests for installations and repairs, as needed.
- Collaboration and Communication
- Lead by positive example in all communications and actions.
- Participate in required meetings and provide information back to the team.
- Escalate issues with a proactive approach to solve problems.
- Create and communicate well thought out plans and follow up on execution.
- Communicate effectively up, down, and across the organization.
- Maintain positive and professional relationships with all third-party partnerships (Suppliers, 3PL’s, Dispatch, Drivers, etc.).
- Support and execute relevant requests from all internal departments including Sales and Marketing initiatives and shipping requests.
What’s Required for Consideration:
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in Warehouse Management and Inventory Control
- Minimum 3 years’ experience directly managing people.
- College degree, preferred.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment, preferred.
- Experience with order fulfillment, strongly preferred.
- Experience with eCommerce (small pack) shipping, preferred.
- Must have forklift experience and ability to obtain certification to certify other forklift operators.
- Intermediate computer skills, including ability to navigate files, send and receive email, write routine reports, perform word processing and spreadsheet tasks. Ability to learn, process, and troubleshoot advanced tasks in ERP system.
- Class B driver’s license with current and clean driving record required. Ability to be added to company insurance, and drive company vehicles.
- Excitement about Humm Kombucha and Being a Part of the Win!
Working for Humm Kombucha:
At Humm, every position and person is equally valued. We’re all in this together, and there is an overwhelming sentiment that every Humm-ster feels in which they know that their job is as important as any other job in the company. Everyone shares in each success, and everyone learns from every failure. Many new positions are filled from within the company, fostering a sense of continuity and opportunity. The engine that drives Humm is the Humm-sters, a diverse and dedicated group of professionals who handle every aspect of the company, from brewing and bottling to sales and finance. From its inception, Humm has cultivated a culture of appreciation, respect, love and joy. Humm-sters embody and nurture these qualities as they not only define the culture, but nourish it on a daily basis just as they nourish what our customers love inside our bottle. Being a Humm-ster means being a part of something wonderful, and something that couldn’t exist without each and every person on our team.
We believe that our Humm community is a place where our employees can build safe, prosperous lives. Whatever your life story, national origin, race or religion; whoever you choose to love, whatever your sexual orientation or gender identity is… you are welcome here.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume with a cover letter to the hiring team. In your cover letter, please describe why you’re interested in working with Humm Kombucha in particular. In this letter please also address how you meet each of our listed qualifications (What's Required for the Role).
Standard introductions are highly discouraged!
Humm is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.is an Equal Opportunity Employer.