Safety and Risk Manager
Operations | Bend, OR | Full Time
As one of the nation’s fastest growing kombucha companies, Humm Kombucha is on a quest to put the goodness of Humm in the hands of as many people as possible.
We are hiring a Safety and Risk Manager.
What You’ll Be Doing:
In this role, you’ll continuously working to improve processes, procedures and safety. Including but not limited to facility, warehouse, production and food safety.
A few fun things you will get to do to carry out this role are:
- Manage the company’s accident and injury prevention program ensuring compliance with all local, state and federal regulation.
- Facilitate / Lead regular employee training on Confined Space Entry, Fall Protection, LOTO, Chemical Safety, HAZCOM CPR & First Aid, etc.
- Establish and maintain the company’s health and safety policy and procedure manual.
- Conduct incident investigations, root cause analysis, and develop recommendations for actions to prevent accident / injury recurrence.
- Conduct monthly safety committee meetings, and other safety training programs to ensure that the appropriate training is available to personnel.
- Prepare topics for and train managers/supervisors on tool box meeting topics, then attend and actively participate in department tool box meetings as necessary.
- Proactively schedule/lead safety audits and inspections to prevent injuries and maintain compliance with regulatory standards.
- Manage all OSHA logs including completion of OSHA 301 Incident Log, OSHA 300A Summary and OSHA 300 Log for posting.
- Manage the Safety Data Sheets for all products used by the company, oversee an annual review.
- Serve as the company representative with regulatory inspections related to health and safety.
- Maintain regular visibility with staff and serve as the subject matter expert on matters related to safety.
- Works in compliance with Food Safety Management System and GMP's
- Works with SQF practitioner to maintain food safety and quality of product
- Knowledgeable about the history, theory, and tools of lean manufacturing but also have experience to show the practicality
- A Facilitator who helps a group of people understand their common objectives and assists them to plan how to achieve these objectives; in doing so, he/she remains "neutral" meaning he/she does not take a particular position.
- Educates and helps establish an understanding of 6S initiatives
- Strong change management skills to include the practical implementation of Lean Manufacturing Principles and Concepts
- Ability to train lean management methods
- Working side by side with continuous improvement leader to establish plant efficiencies
What’s Required for Consideration:
- 4-year degree or equivalent experience required.
- Safety Professional Certification desired.
- 3+ years’ experience managing and implementing Health and Safety programs.
- Certified in Confined Space Entry/Rescue, Fall Protection, First Aid & CPR, OSHA 10 & 30 and HAZWOPER preferred.
- Must have extensive knowledge of OSHA Federal & State Regulations.
- Knowledge and understanding of food safety, HACCP, SSOP, GMPs. Certifications in this area will be a plus.
- Can communicate effectively to fellow employees in large groups and is confident with training others.
- Have computer experience with Word, Excel spreadsheets, OSHA 300 logs and regulatory programs
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong problem solving skills
- Critical thinker
- Positive Attitude and Team Leader
- Excitement about Humm Kombucha and Being a Part of the Win!
Working for Humm Kombucha:
At Humm, every position and person is equally valued. We’re all in this together, and there is an overwhelming sentiment that every Humm-ster feels in which they know that their job is as important as any other job in the company. Everyone shares in each success, and everyone learns from every failure. Many new positions are filled from within the company, fostering a sense of continuity and opportunity. The engine that drives Humm is the Humm-sters, a diverse and dedicated group of professionals who handle every aspect of the company, from brewing and bottling to sales and finance. From its inception, Humm has cultivated a culture of appreciation, respect, love and joy. Humm-sters embody and nurture these qualities as they not only define the culture, but nourish it on a daily basis just as they nourish what our customers love inside our bottle. Being a Humm-ster means being a part of something wonderful, and something that couldn’t exist without each and every person on our team.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume with a cover letter to the hiring team. In your cover letter, please describe why you’re interested in working with Humm Kombucha in particular. In this letter please also address how you meet each of our listed qualifications (What's Required for the Role).
Standard introductions are highly discouraged!