Research & Development Technician
Research & Development | Bend, OR | Full Time
As one of the nation’s fastest growing kombucha companies, Humm Kombucha is on a quest to put the goodness of Humm in the hands of as many people as possible.
We are hiring a Research & Development Technician who supports the research and development team in product and process development through in-depth research and basic laboratory work. Project management of department initiatives
What You’ll Be Doing:
In this role, you’ll document processes and materials for creation or improvement of old and new products. Create summaries, reports, records and compile test results. Plan, schedule and conduct product development trails and collaborate with the lab to set up and conduct sensory panels, new ingredient trials, reformulations self life testing and lab analysis of all new produces and processes. You'll be tasking and smelling beverages to ensure the flavors meet specifications.
What’s Required for Consideration:
- Thorough understanding of microbiology, biology and fermentation science.
- Strong technical writing skills with the ability and willingness to provide reports and summaries to other departments within the company and use applicable language and supporting material.
- Ability to challenge and question perceived truths.
- Proven success working independently and with a team for shared goals.
- BS in Food Science or similar science degree.
- 2+ years work experience in a similar position.
- Experience working in a laboratory preferred; experience working with high temp, delicate, and dangerous lab equipment and supplies.
- Ability to be self-directed, have excellent communication skills with the ability to share your perspective in a positive way that moves the conversation forward.
- Strong computer skills and ability to create charts, graphs and tables.
- Excitement about Humm Kombucha and Being a Part of the Win!
Working for Humm Kombucha:
At Humm, every position and person is equally valued. We’re all in this together, and there is an overwhelming sentiment that every Humm-ster feels in which they know that their job is as important as any other job in the company. Everyone shares in each success, and everyone learns from every failure. Many new positions are filled from within the company, fostering a sense of continuity and opportunity. The engine that drives Humm is the Humm-sters, a diverse and dedicated group of professionals who handle every aspect of the company, from brewing and bottling to sales and finance. From its inception, Humm has cultivated a culture of appreciation, respect, love and joy. Humm-sters embody and nurture these qualities as they not only define the culture, but nourish it on a daily basis just as they nourish what our customers love inside our bottle. Being a Humm-ster means being a part of something wonderful, and something that couldn’t exist without each and every person on our team.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume with a cover letter to the hiring team. In your cover letter, please describe why you’re interested in working with Humm Kombucha in particular. In this letter please also address how you meet each of our listed qualifications (What's Required for the Role).
Standard introductions are highly discouraged!