Quality Assurance Laboratory Technician
Operations | Bend, OR | Full Time
As one of the nation’s fastest growing kombucha companies, Humm Kombucha is on a quest to put the goodness of Humm in the hands of as many people as possible.
We are hiring a Quality Assurance Laboratory Technician who supports Quality Control/Quality Assurance team by operation of analytical equipment, documentation, monitoring, and verification of procedures to ensure the safe and quality production of product. The schedule for this great year round position is Friday through Monday, 4x10's.
What You’ll Be Doing:
In this role you'll help to maintain document integrity through review, updates and application. Support monitoring and auditing of departments to ensure operation procedures, standards, and regulatory compliances are being met. The QA Tech collects samples, enters data, performs daily analysis, cleans and maintains the lab space, build documents and update processes that relate to GMP, SSOP and SOP.
- Works in compliance with Food Safety Management System and GMP's.
- Responsible for food safety and support of Food Safety Management System
- Be trained and have an understanding of Humm HACCP Plan
- Assists Supervisor, Lead QA analyst and R&D manager through analysis and lab procedures.
- Perform daily quality assurance and quality control analyses on sweet tea, fermenting tea, filtered kombucha, and finished kombucha.
- Procedure testing of product will consist of pH, TA, brix, sugar and/or other applicable parameters.
- Assist with decisions about quality assurance procedures related to Food Safety
- Enters data into current tracking system daily.
- Collects samples upon request.
- Cleans and maintains lab space.
- Cover the procedures done by the Lab Supervisor, QC Manager, and QA Technician when they are absent.
- Document and monitor safe food production procedures in facility.
- Build documents and update processes that relate to Good Manufacturing Processes (GMP), Sanitation Standard Operation Procedures (SSOP), and Standard Operation Procedures (SOP) .
- Work on new projects from product quality to R&D.
- Helps grow the function and purpose of the lab for the growth of Humm.
- Other duties as assigned.
What’s Required for Consideration:
- Minimum of 4-year degree in applicable program (food science, biology, microbiology, chemistry) or equivalent job experience.
- Has a good understanding of microbiology and chemistry.
- Experience with GC (gas chromatography), preferred.
- Has a good understanding of quality assurance as it pertains to brewing and fermenting kombucha.
- Experience with pipetting, preferred.
- Have an excellent understanding of Excel, Word, Google docs, and sheets
- Ability to multitask.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Self-driven and motivated.
- Ability to adapt to new duties when called upon.
- Excitement about Humm Kombucha and Being a Part of the Win!
Working for Humm Kombucha:
At Humm, every position and person is equally valued. We’re all in this together, and there is an overwhelming sentiment that every Humm-ster feels in which they know that their job is as important as any other job in the company. Everyone shares in each success, and everyone learns from every failure. Many new positions are filled from within the company, fostering a sense of continuity and opportunity. The engine that drives Humm is the Humm-sters, a diverse and dedicated group of professionals who handle every aspect of the company, from brewing and bottling to sales and finance. From its inception, Humm has cultivated a culture of appreciation, respect, love and joy. Humm-sters embody and nurture these qualities as they not only define the culture, but nourish it on a daily basis just as they nourish what our customers love inside our bottle. Being a Humm-ster means being a part of something wonderful, and something that couldn’t exist without each and every person on our team.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume with a cover letter to the hiring team. In your cover letter, please describe why you’re interested in working with Humm Kombucha in particular. In this letter please also address how you meet each of our listed qualifications (What's Required for the Role). Standard cover letter introductions are highly discouraged!
Humm is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.is an Equal Opportunity Employer.