Operations | Bend, OR | Full Time
As one of the nation’s fastest growing kombucha companies, Humm Kombucha is on a quest to put the goodness of Humm in the hands of as many people as possible.
We are hiring a Propagation Technician who performs all duties of Propagation, Storage and Banking of all microbes used in production. Participate/assist in the development of the propagation system, operational standards and corrective actions.
What You’ll Be Doing:
In this role, you’ll be managing and performing the overall day to day operation of Humm Propagation. Supporting departmental development including facilities and processes. Collecting and managing microbe sames as directed by QA/QC needs. Yeast and bacteria cultivation, propagation and storage. Regularly perform Quality Control Checks as specified by the procedures. Preparation of stock solutions and inoculation media. Cryogenic storage of stocks. Completion of all required logs and data recording. SOP development and maintenance as it pertains to microorganism propagation.
What’s Required for Consideration:
- Bachelor’s degree w/microbiology, biology or chemistry experience; OR two years lab experience
- Experienced in microbiological techniques (cultural and molecular) preferred
- Work experience meeting production orders
- Understanding of the microbiology of food and beverage organisms, especially yeast and bacteria.
- Understanding of Kombucha microbiology
- Understanding of good laboratory practice (GLPs).
- Experience with communication between teams.
- Able to work efficiently and with incredible attention to detail.
- Ability to think and operate with initiative and troubleshoot wherever necessary.
- Excitement about Humm Kombucha and Being a Part of the Win!
Working for Humm Kombucha:
At Humm, every position and person is equally valued. We’re all in this together, and there is an overwhelming sentiment that every Humm-ster feels in which they know that their job is as important as any other job in the company. Everyone shares in each success, and everyone learns from every failure. Many new positions are filled from within the company, fostering a sense of continuity and opportunity. The engine that drives Humm is the Humm-sters, a diverse and dedicated group of professionals who handle every aspect of the company, from brewing and bottling to sales and finance. From its inception, Humm has cultivated a culture of appreciation, respect, love and joy. Humm-sters embody and nurture these qualities as they not only define the culture, but nourish it on a daily basis just as they nourish what our customers love inside our bottle. Being a Humm-ster means being a part of something wonderful, and something that couldn’t exist without each and every person on our team.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume with a cover letter to the hiring team. In your cover letter, please describe why you’re interested in working with Humm Kombucha in particular. In this letter please also address how you meet each of our listed qualifications (What's Required for the Role).
Standard introductions are highly discouraged!