Operations | Bend, OR | Full Time
As one of the nation’s fastest growing kombucha companies, Humm Kombucha is on a quest to put the goodness of Humm in the hands of as many people as possible.
We are hiring a Mainenance/Electrician Manager to join our operations team and ensure our production equipment stays functional and maintained and properly documented.
In this role, you will manage and maintain the maintenance department to insure all maintenance tasks are completed in a safe, efficient, and accurate manner with minimal production downtime. To support the plants electrician needs. Coordinate with the Facilities Team to maintain the plant packaging, processing, and facilities needs from a maintenance perspective as well as supporting on-site electrical requirements.
What you get to do:
- Have the overall responsibility for maintaining systems and procedures that support the SQF program at Humm. Promote food safety and quality awareness throughout the organization by showing staff how they fit in the process of producing safe quality food and by helping management to establish and implement training,
- Continually supplying input to the SQF practitioner to assist in updates to the FSMS where necessary and appropriate.
- Manage and train staff as necessary to accomplish their primary objectives.
- Supervise the overall plant preventative maintenance and inventory program (CMMS software)
- Assist in the development of plant, equipment and process maintenance budgets and manage projects accordingly
- Work with the safety manager to make sure Humm staff are following all safety requirements in regard to electrical equipment and electrical needs of the facilities
- Work with supervision and other management on continuous improvement projects and development of KPI’s
- Evaluate and supervise staff according to Humm procedures
- Communicate with plant manager and supervisors on maintenance issues.
- Organize and execute installation of equipment and support it from an electrical standpoint
- Follow Humm policies, safety rules, Standard Operating Procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices, Maintain constructive working relationships with staff and other department heads.
- Maintain a positive team atmosphere and include regular coaching and conversations in alignment with core values
- Assist in all other duties assigned by supervisor and/or management.
- Assumes position responsibilities of any direct reports as results of any planned or unplanned absence for the entire duration of that absence.
What’s Required for Consideration:
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in maintenance or engineering required, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Oregon Journeyman Electrician card required.
- Supervisory Journeyman's License preferred.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
- A minimum two (2) year technical degree or journeyman program preferred
- Ability to motivate and supervise staff.
- Extensive knowledge of industrail equipment, processes, and procedures.
- Ability to execute with regard to facility maintenance protocols.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical and communication skills
- Excellent troubleshooting and preventative maintenance skills
- Ability to interpret schematics, diagrams, blueprints and similar trade related documents
- Basic skills with hand tools and other shop tools
- Operate and drive company forklifts and vehicles
- Function in a loud and busy production environment
- Ability to follow the relevant company safety and OSHA requirements
- Excitement about Humm Kombucha and Being a Part of the Win!
Working for Humm Kombucha:
At Humm, every position and person is equally valued. We’re all in this together, and there is an overwhelming sentiment that every Humm-ster feels in which they know that their job is as important as any other job in the company. Everyone shares in each success, and everyone learns from every failure. Many new positions are filled from within the company, fostering a sense of continuity and opportunity. The engine that drives Humm is the Humm-sters, a diverse and dedicated group of professionals who handle every aspect of the company, from brewing and bottling to sales and finance. From its inception, Humm has cultivated a culture of appreciation, respect, love and joy. Humm-sters embody and nurture these qualities as they not only define the culture, but nourish it on a daily basis just as they nourish what our customers love inside our bottle. Being a Humm-ster means being a part of something wonderful, and something that couldn’t exist without each and every person on our team.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume with a cover letter to the hiring team. In your cover letter, please describe why you’re interested in working with Humm Kombucha in particular. In this letter please also address how you meet each of our listed qualifications (What's Required for the Role).
Standard introductions are highly discouraged!