Operations | Bend, OR | Full Time
As one of the nation’s fastest growing kombucha companies, Humm Kombucha is on a quest to put the goodness of Humm in the hands of as many people as possible.
We are hiring a Jr. Buyer!
What You’ll Be Doing:
In this role, you’ll be responsible for purchasing Maintenance Repair and Operational Supplies, Marketing materials, Marketing merchandise, Raw/Packaging ingredients, Office supplies and Service Purchase orders. Additionally this role will: Review/Process order requests for completeness, accuracy and compliance with existing policies, Manage goods through the purchasing/receiving process, Evaluates bids, proposals, and quotations and conduct cost and price analysis.
What’s Required for Consideration:
- 2 years' experience in inventory management
- Bachelors's degree in supply chain management or equivalent relevant experience
- 2 years' experience in purchasing in a food/beverage manufacturing environment
- Ability to act as liaison between sales, finance, production and quality as well as other departments within the company.
- APICS Certification preferred (CPM, CPIM)
- Strong computer, analytical, problem solving and communication skills
- Working knowledge of all components of Microsoft Office, and various database programs—including commonly used ERP systems (SAP, Oracle, Sage, etc.). Proficient in MRP system
- Excitement about Humm Kombucha and Being a Part of the Win!
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner, both internally and externally with Vendors
- Well-rounded knowledge and background in supply chain activities.
- Is detail-oriented, well organized, self-motivated with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to gather and analyze data and to work with figures accurately and thoroughly
- Proven track record in cost saving measures and negotiating skills
Working for Humm Kombucha:
At Humm, every position and person is equally valued. We’re all in this together, and there is an overwhelming sentiment that every Humm-ster feels in which they know that their job is as important as any other job in the company. Everyone shares in each success, and everyone learns from every failure. Many new positions are filled from within the company, fostering a sense of continuity and opportunity. The engine that drives Humm is the Humm-sters, a diverse and dedicated group of professionals who handle every aspect of the company, from brewing and bottling to sales and finance. From its inception, Humm has cultivated a culture of appreciation, respect, love and joy. Humm-sters embody and nurture these qualities as they not only define the culture, but nourish it on a daily basis just as they nourish what our customers love inside our bottle. Being a Humm-ster means being a part of something wonderful, and something that couldn’t exist without each and every person on our team.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume with a cover letter to the hiring team. In your cover letter, please describe why you’re interested in working with Humm Kombucha in particular. In this letter please also address how you meet each of our listed qualifications (What's Required for the Role).
Standard introductions are highly discouraged!