Finance & Administration | Research Triangle Park, NC | Full Time
Humacyte's mission is to become the leading company in novel, off-the-shelf extracellular matrix tissue products, and especially those that could provide lifesaving improvements in treatments for vascular conditions.
Humacyte, Inc., a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative, award winning human biotherapies. We are currently developing multiple vascular tissue engineered therapies and expanding our business model. With a broad pipeline of potential new therapy applications, we continue to build our organization and scientific teams.
The Senior Accountant will assist in the month end closing and financial reporting process. Responsible for ensuring completeness and accuracy of operational data. Performing detailed work in an office setting.
Responsibilities include analysis of accounts and related reconciliations, reporting grant activities and project costs, preparing and entering journal entries, maintenance of tracking spreadsheets, physical inventory counts of fixed assets, and assisting with special projects.
The Senior Accountant must be highly detail oriented with strong communication skills and good decision-making abilities. The Senior Accountant will have a positive attitude and optimistic outlook.
- Reconcile various accounts and prepare journal entries for month end close
- Analyze and correct account discrepancies
- Assist with project reporting, grant reporting, and custom reporting
- Develop various cost accounting models and reporting tools used in a manufacturing environment
- Assist with periodic reporting and analysis for various departments
- Create and monitor a system of controls, procedures, and forms for the recordation of fixed assets
- Record fixed asset acquisitions and dispositions in the accounting system
- Conduct periodic physical inventory counts of fixed assets
- Prepare property tax returns
- Calculate and analyze Sales and Use Tax
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
- Other tasks as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or business discipline with major/concentration in accounting
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- 5-8 years of related experience
- Dynamics Great Plains or similar ERP system experience required
- Cost Accounting experience preferred
- Intermediate working knowledge of Excel
- Firm understanding of accounting processes and identifies potential problems before they occur
- Understanding of internal controls
- Understanding of cost accounting
- Investigate and identify process improvements
- Proactively investigates and resolves discrepancies
- Ability to resolve processing challenges within the accounting system
- Effectively communicates with supervisors and coworkers
- Stock Options
- 401k Plan with Matching
- Medical, Vision and Dental Plans
- Long Term/Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- 3 Weeks’ Vacation
- 5 Personal Floating Days
- 8 Sick Days
- 6 Company Holidays
- Career Development and Training