Process Maintenance & Instrumentation Specialist
Operations: Bioprocessing/CTS | Research Triangle Park, NC | Full Time
Humacyte's mission is to become the leading company in novel, off-the-shelf extracellular matrix tissue products, and especially those that could provide lifesaving improvements in treatments for vascular conditions.
Humacyte, Inc., a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative, award winning human biotherapies. We are currently developing multiple vascular tissue engineered therapies and expanding our business model. With a broad pipeline of potential new therapy applications, we continue to build our organization and scientific teams.
The Process Maintenance & Instrumentation Specialist is responsible for the routine maintenance, calibration, and repair of biotech/bioprocessing production equipment while ensuring accurate and timely GxP documentation. These responsibilities extend to but are not limited to:
- Perform routine preventative and predictive maintenance of process equipment
- Perform complex troubleshooting and repair of process equipment when required
- Identify and resolve equipment malfunctions
- Develop equipment preventative and predictive maintenance plans, spare parts lists, and calibration assessments
- Perform calibrations on manufacturing and laboratory analytical equipment
- Perform new equipment commissioning
- Execute equipment IOQ protocols
- Work with equipment manufacturers to procure repairs, spare parts and schedule maintenance
- Document work utilizing site’s Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS). ProCal experience is preferred, but not required.
- A two-year degree in Engineering, Life Sciences, other related technical field or equivalent military training.
- Technical Certification or Associates and/or BS Degree in Electrical Engineering is preferred.
- 5-7 years’ experience in maintaining manufacturing equipment
- Hands-on experience with compressors, low and high voltages, PID loops and AC/DC drives
- Ability to climb stairs; climb on equipment such as tanks. Moderate to heavy lifting
- Skilled with routine maintenance and complex troubleshooting of mechanical production equipment. Specific types of equipment to be maintained include:
- Biosafety Cabinets and Fume Hoods
- Refrigerators, Freezers and Cold Rooms
- Parts Washers
- Skilled with pneumatic, mechanical, and electrical instrumentation; as well as manual and computer-based process control loops and systems.
- Understanding and application of instrument, equipment, and loop calibrations of various parameters in manufacturing, utilities, and laboratory environments.
- Understanding of Traceability, Substitution of Standards, Test Accuracy and Uncertainty Ratios.
- Stock Options
- 401k Plan with Matching
- Medical, Vision and Dental Plans
- Long Term/Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- 3 Weeks’ Vacation
- 5 Personal Floating Days
- 8 Sick Days
- 6 Company Holidays
- Career Development and Training