Operations, Product Development | Research Triangle Park, NC | Full Time
Humacyte's mission is to become the leading company in novel, off-the-shelf extracellular matrix tissue products, and especially those that could provide lifesaving improvements in treatments for vascular conditions.
Humacyte, Inc., a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative, award winning human biotherapies. We are currently developing multiple vascular tissue engineered therapies and expanding our business model. With a broad pipeline of potential new therapy applications, we continue to build our organization and scientific teams.
- Expertise in mammalian cell characterization such as cell growth, cell identity, and cell function, ideally vascular smooth muscle cells
- Strong experimental and analytical competencies in molecular profiling of cells, specifically for gene and protein expression including RNA, DNA, and protein isolation, purification, quantification and analysis by qRT-PCR and/or RNA-SEQ
- Experience with media optimization and characterization studies is a plus
- Working knowledge of flow cytometry and its use in cell characterization
- Cross-disciplinary expertise, ideally including a combination of cell, tissue engineering and industrial research experience.
- Be a team member to design and execute cellular research programs, including cell characterization, cell growth optimization, and tissue engineering
- Design and execute experiments to identify biomarkers that will guide the performance optimization of cells being used for tissue engineering applications
- Design and execute experiments and research protocols in support of manufacturing and process development for large scale mammalian cell culture; analyze data to determine impact of any changes
- Present results and recommendations to the team to help the company make strategic decisions
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary technology transfer team in training process development and manufacturing personnel; effective interpersonal and technical communication skills are essential. Trouble-shoot and contribute to resolving fundamental scientific and technical challenges related to cell function and culture
- Coach and train junior Scientists and Research Associates
- Doctoral degree in Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Bioengineering or related area. Postdoctoral research experience a plus.
- 5+ years advanced experience in culturing and characterizing mammalian cells
- Solid scientific knowledge of molecular biology and cell biology required
- The ideal candidate will possess cross-disciplinary experience in cell biology and/or tissue engineering, preferably with a cardiovascular focus.
- Knowledge and experience with standard cell culturing and molecular biology skills as well as use and maintenance of common laboratory procedures and equipment
- A passion for working hard as part of a team dedicated to bringing cutting-edge tissue engineered products to clinical translation is a must
- Background in one or more specialties of cell biology, vascular biology, molecular biology, biomedical engineering, cell therapy, tissue engineering, regenerative medicine, process development
- Stock Options
- 401k Plan with Matching
- Medical, Vision and Dental Plans
- Long Term/Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- 3 Weeks’ Vacation
- 5 Personal Floating Days
- 8 Sick Days
- 6 Company Holidays
- Career Development and Training