Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) Specialist
All Openings | Research Triangle Park, NC | Full Time
Humacyte, Inc., a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative, award winning human biotherapies. We are currently developing multiple vascular tissue engineered therapies and expanding our business model. With a broad pipeline of potential new therapy applications, we continue to build our organization and scientific teams. We are looking for additional biomedical research and development colleagues to continue to build our expanding team.
Candidates will be expected to work both independently and collaboratively as part of the Humacyte organization. Applicants must be highly self-motivated, with solid communication skills, and demonstrates the ability to work in a team environment and lead other professionals and peers.
The Health Economics & Outcomes Research (HEOR) Specialist is committed to scientific excellence and the generation of evidence to support value propositions to position HUMACYTE portfolio for commercial success. The HEOR Specialist will assist in the strategy and tactical efforts to address both US & global health economics-related drivers and barriers to market access for priority late stage pipeline assets. Will assess evidence needs, propose inclusion of clinical trial endpoints and inform on other aspects of clinical trial design, and lead relevant strategic evidence generation, including analyses of data from both primary and secondary sources, and support the development of the product value propositions and messaging. S/he will support HUMACYTE innovative pipeline programs. This role will require cross-functional collaboration across departments such as Clinical Development, Regulatory, Commercial and multiple other functions.
Position reports to the Executive Vice President, Strategic Business Operations
- Acquire and maintain a thorough understanding of the health outcomes and health economics associated with Humacyte’s products and competing alternatives
- Design and perform cost-effectiveness and cost utility studies, retrospective database analyses, patient-reported outcomes research, and decision-analytic modeling to develop economic utility evidence for payer coverage
- Analyze insurance claims, electronic medical record, patient survey, and disease registry data.
- Review literature and develop dossiers, burden of illness reports, etc. for dissemination both internally within Humacyte and with external payers.
- Serve as the subject-matter expert in Health Economics and Outcomes Research
- Ensure appropriate economic and outcomes endpoints are integrated into clinical trials
- Work closely with computational scientists, statisticians, and payer specialists
- Assist in the design, execution and analysis of HEOR strategies and tactics to support the value propositions of the assigned compounds.
- In collaboration with EVP, assist in efforts to develop evidence-based health economic models to support US & global strategies and local payer needs. Conduct studies to elucidate, burden of illness, budget impact, and cost-effectiveness in disease segments of interest for Humacyte products.
- Analyze secondary data, including insurance claims, electronic medical records, patient surveys, and disease registries.
- Prioritize model data requirements which may be addressed through clinical trials and evidence generation activities and work with clinical team to provide input on endpoint structure of clinical trials.
- Engage with global health economics opinion leaders and external clinical advisors; seek their guidance, validation, and support.
- Partner with Medical Affairs and Clinical Development colleagues to prepare conference presentations, manuscripts, and other communications.
- Build/adapt content and data for submission to health insurers and global payment authorities.
- Develop effective processes and ways of working to support collaboration with key internal stakeholder groups (e.g.; clinical development, commercial, etc.)
- Identify new opportunities for value creation based on an understanding of health care systems and the potential benefits of Humacyte innovative regenerative medicines.
- Support development of innovative approaches to evidence generation that meet payer needs and integrate these with the needs of other customers
- Other duties, as assigned
- Possess a positive attitude and optimistic outlook
- Strong ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with fluctuating priorities, and collaborate effectively with others
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with ability to set own priorities in a timely manner
- High degree of flexibility and adaptability
- Strong communication (verbal and written), organizational skills, and interpersonal skills up, down and across the organization
- Basic computer skills required, such as knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Develop meaningful cross-functional relationships, work effectively with colleagues from all parts of the organization, and respond to team needs effectively and efficiently.
- Use rigorous logic and analytical methods to solve difficult problems, thrive in ambiguity and act with incomplete information, be self-motivated and advance projects with minimal supervision
- Ability to review clinical and health economic literature, including disease state information, clinical trial design and results, and pharmacoeconomic studies, in order to understand implications for value to payers
- Ability to drive results in a highly fluid, interactive, matrixed environment and build strong, successful cross-functional partnerships
- Demonstrated ability to bring structure to vaguely defined problems, pragmatically scope problem solving approach, and manage execution
- Demonstrated ability to think and plan strategically, identify strategic options and trade-offs; strong analytical skills
- PharmD, Masters, or PhD in Health Economics, Outcomes Research, Health Services Research, or other related field, preferred
- Experience will be considered in lieu of education
- Biological sciences or clinical background necessary.
- 1-2 years of HEOR and/or market access experience in either global or US roles. Previous experience working in the consulting, academic, or payer setting may be considered.
- Experience developing global value dossiers, health economic models, patient-reported outcome strategy (regulatory and analytic), HTA value assessment, and observational research methods required.
- Knowledge of the evolving payer landscape and payer evidence requirements in the US and globally
- Biologic, Regenerative Medicine, Device experience preferred but not required
- Familiarity with health claims data
- Track record of peer-reviewed publications
- Stock Options
- 401k Plan with Matching
- Medical, Vision and Dental Plans
- Long Term/Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- 23 Days Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Policies
- Career Development and Training
**Please note, Humacyte does not provide sponsorship at this time.**