Bioprocessing Associate II
Manufacturing | Research Triangle Park, NC | Full Time
- Proficient on processes and equipment and serves as a hands-on resource in Manufacturing.
- Conducts all assigned activities in a safe and cGMP manner. Tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Cleaning and preparing production equipment
- Cleaning and disinfecting production rooms
- Assembly, set-up, and disassembly of production equipment
- Executing process steps according to defined SOPs and BPRs
- Documenting activities in accordance with cGMPs
- Handling chemically hazardous goods
- Interfacing with process automation and electronic business systems
- Supporting projects of medium scope (e.g. operational excellence, safety)
- Revising SOPs and BPRs
- Supporting qualification and validation activities
- Qualified trainer on minor tasks and equipment
- Recognizing and troubleshooting process issues and initiating deviations with oversight
- Supports the collection and tracking of area metrics and process control data
- Supports team effort in the effective and timely completion of root cause investigations and CAPA implementat
- High school diploma / GED required, preferably coupled with Biotechnology coursework; bachelor’s degree in science preferred.
Works within standard operating procedures (SOPs) and/or scientific methods.
Has developed analytical skills and application of scientific methods or operational processes to perform a variety of activities.
Recognized and solves typical problems that can occur in own work area without supervisory approval; evaluates and selects solutions from established operating procedures and/or scientific methods.
Works within defined processes and methods and may help determine the appropriate approach for new assignments.
Has a good understanding of how the team integrates with others.
Works as a team player, participating in activities that involve cooperating with others.
Reviews standard or freely available information to better understand the cause of a problem.
Attempts to solve problem before seeking supervisor support.
Demonstrates ability to differentiate between important and less important tasks within own work and act accordingly.
- Demonstrated leader with high school diploma / GED or associate’s degree with 2+ years industry related experience (pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and/or sterile production environments) preferred OR bachelor’s degree with 1+ years’ industry experience preferred OR equivalent.
- Basic knowledge of cGMP requirements required.
- Experience executing SOPs and documenting work required.
- Basic mechanical aptitude or knowledge of electronic / mechanical equipment preferred.
- Stock Options
- 401k Plan with Matching
- Medical, Vision and Dental Plans
- Long Term/Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- 3 Weeks’ Vacation
- 5 Personal Floating Days
- 8 Sick Days
- 6 Company Holidays
- Career Development and Training