Associate Director, Supply Chain Operations
All Openings | Research Triangle Park, NC | Full Time
Humacyte, Inc., a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative, award winning human biotherapies. We are currently developing multiple vascular tissue engineered therapies and expanding our business model. With a broad pipeline of potential new therapy applications, we continue to build our organization and scientific teams. We are looking for colleagues to continue to build our expanding team.
Candidates will be expected to work both independently and collaboratively as part of the Humacyte organization. Applicants must be highly self-motivated, with solid communication skills, and demonstrates the ability to work in a team environment and lead other professionals and peers.
The Associate Director, Inventory and Logistics plays a key role in the movement of materials (Raw and Finished Goods) within the Humacyte network through strategy and oversight of Order Management, Transportation and Warehousing. Responsible for the development and management of shipping lanes. Responsible for all aspects of receipt, storage, and issuance of materials. Develop, implement, and manage Supply Chain Operations’ strategies, objectives, and policies. Ensures that the correct product is delivered at the correct point in a timely manner.
- Ensures customer sales orders, Internal Sales Orders (IRF), and manufacturing orders are processed within the agreed lead-times
- Utilizes in depth understanding of departmental objectives and overall company objectives and translates these into strategic and tactical actions required to meet business objectives
- Create / maintain SLAs with internal and external customers and suppliers
- Provides all aspects of personnel management for direct reports including; recruitment of appropriate team members; scheduling; performance management; development of team members; engagement and retention
- Site lead on the development and proper execution of transportation lanes
- Leads the qualification of transportation modes, lanes, and/or carriers
- Ensures optimization of transportation through strong influencing, negotiation and collaboration skills
- Ensures effective and robust logistics related security, safety, and regular employee training programs are evaluated, implemented and completed
- In collaboration with Executive Director, Supply Chain, develop, implement, drive and facilitate the organization’s strategy for cultivating a fully engaged logistics workforce
- Maintains receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Complies with federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements, enforcing adherence to requirements by all applicable team and cross-functional team members
- Ensures oversight and control of inventory levels by conducting and/or reviewing physical counts; reconciling with data storage system.
- Plans and implements new design layouts; equipment inspections; work orders issuance for repair and requisitions for replacement in order to maintains physical condition of warehouse
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Completes warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees
- Partners with Demand & Supply Planning to optimize order quantities and frequencies as well as minimize receipt exceptions.
- Partners with Finance to understand budgets and financial forecast processes to ensure expenses come in on budget
- Develops/revises processes, templates and best practices to be used in the logistics / warehouse processes
- Other duties, as assigned
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Possess a positive roll-up-the-sleeves attitude and optimistic outlook
- Strong ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with fluctuating priorities, and collaborate effectively with others
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with ability to set own priorities in a timely manner
- High degree of flexibility and adaptability
- Basic computer skills required, such as knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Must be able to work as needed to meet tight deadlines and at peak periods
- Self-motivated and organized critical thinker with solid interpersonal and business communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a cross functional team
- Adheres to company and facility specific policies and procedures, including SOP, training and meeting requirements
- Always observe safety precautions and regulations in all areas where duties are performed. Responsible for reporting all safety hazards and potential unsafe working conditions
- Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner
- Reports to work on time and as scheduled
- Proven experience in application of lean and six sigma tools
- GxP experience
- Bachelor's degree
- 6+ years of relevant experience in Warehouse Management, Transportation Management, Distribution and Logistics, required
- Experience in the biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry in a GMP environment, with deep understanding of end to end supply chain, strongly preferred
- ERP and WMS System Experience, required. Experience with Great Plains and With Out Wires, preferred
- Experience in small team management or leadership, required
- Stock Options
- 401k Plan with Matching
- Medical, Vision and Dental Plans
- Long Term/Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- 23 Days Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Policies
**Please note, Humacyte does not provide sponsorship at this time.**