Associate Director, Information Technology
All Openings | Research Triangle Park, NC | Full Time
Humacyte, Inc., a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative, award winning human biotherapies. We are currently developing multiple vascular tissue engineered therapies and expanding our business model. With a broad pipeline of potential new therapy applications, we continue to build our organization and scientific teams. We are looking for additional biomedical research and development colleagues to continue to build our expanding team.
Candidates will be expected to work both independently and collaboratively as part of the Humacyte organization. Applicants must be highly self-motivated, with solid communication skills, and demonstrates the ability to work in a team environment and lead other professionals and peers.
The Associate Director of Information Technology will be responsible for overseeing and managing the Information Technology function and ensuring that our company’s technology is meeting its goals and objectives efficiently and reliably. This position will work closely with senior leadership, functional owners, and end users to determine the best way possible to meet the technology needs of the company. This position is responsible for the strategy, planning, design, implementation, and support of the enterprise business applications and infrastructure. This includes developing the IT strategy in alignment with functional leaders and developing business cases, proposed projects, and systems requirements. The Associate Director of IT will provide strong leadership so that Humacyte can leverage our IT investments through greater efficiency and quality by using technology to drive greater effectiveness resulting in superior customer satisfaction and to achieve the key business objectives.
These technologies utilized by Humacyte include: hardware, such as physical and logical networks, personal laptops, desktops and servers used in specific applications such as lab instruments, cloud server utilized for intensive statistical and research computational applications, computational appliances used for multiple purposes across the facility, audio visual systems in conference rooms, analog and VOIP telephone system, and network infrastructure platforms where all these systems are integrated. Software, such as Microsoft 360 applications, business applications, cloud applications, and specialized applications for Research, Finance, and Operations.
The Associate Director of Information Technology must have a range of relevant experience in the development and management of information systems and information technology processes to maintain cybersecurity, data integrity and be compliant with privacy requirements, corporate quality management systems and regulatory standards. This position will be responsible for the continuous operation and compliance of Humacyte information systems and technologies with applicable corporate, local, and federal requirements, ensuring systems are maintained when required and effectively taking appropriate actions when non-conformances are discovered.
Position reports to Executive Director, Supply Chain Management
- Act as point of contact for all technology-related issues
- Work collaboratively and cross-functionality to develop an Information Technology Roadmap and Strategy for Humacyte
- Represent and speak for IT and its work, e.g., presenting, explaining, promoting, defining, and negotiating with those within and outside the organization by making clear and convincing presentations to individuals and groups, by listening effectively and clarifying information, by partnering effectively on the design of automated systems and by facilitating an open exchange of ideas
- Develop and implement IT policies, standards, and best practices for the organization
- Provide network architecture and administration to assure data integrity, cybersecurity and information privacy
- Develop, implement and manage cyber security, data integrity and backup procedures in compliance with requirements and guidelines
- Balance the immediate need for hands-on support with the strategical leadership needed to develop a flexible long-term resource plan for the IT Team to meet Humacyte’s forecasted growth
- Write, manage and align comprehensive Information Technology and Information Systems technical documentation such as network architecture diagrams, policies, standard operating procedures, risk assessments, life cycle assessments, and IT commissioning documents and the interface with Quality Systems
- Create, manage and report company-wide IT/IS budget
- Help identify vendors, products, and other elements that contribute to a highly effective solution. Responsible for vendor management activities for related software providers, implementation partners, and other required service providers
- Provision, deploy, manage, and support all user hardware and software in a secure and cost-effective manner
- Ensure software licensing laws are implemented and enforced
- Manage secure network access for remote users
- Manage phone system, including user provisioning and VoIP configuration and troubleshooting
- Support users in use of AV and video conferencing equipment
- Provide help and support to users
- Identify opportunities for employee training and skills advancement, design training programs and workshops for staff, as needed
- Test and modify systems to ensure reliable operation and evaluate the functionality of all systems
- Conduct regular system audits to assure IT compliance with all regulations
- Identify deviations and act on opportunities to improve and update software and systems
- Oversee and determine timeframes for major IT projects including system updates, upgrades, migrations and outages
- Identify, plan and implement systems and process improvements in a quick and efficient manner and provide visibility of implementation progress to management
- Develop IT maintenance procedures and implement them. Identify IT critical spare parts and maintenance required for Humacyte continuous and interrupted operation model
- Schedule and manage software upgrades in a non-intrusive manner
- Provide direction for IT team members/contractors/support personnel
- Other duties, as assigned
- Possess a positive attitude and optimistic outlook
- Self-motivated individual that possesses excellent time management and organizational skills. An ability to quickly identify and drive to the optimal solution when presented with a series of constraints
- Strong sense of personal responsibility and accountability for delivering high quality work, both personally and at a team level
- Strong business acumen and ability to develop short and long-term strategic business plans
- Strong communication skills (written/verbal) that demonstrate understanding of complex technical details, clarity of thought, and the ability to understand users and their needs
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across the organization
- Routinely communicates findings and information to other team members; transparency and knowledge sharing is expected and practiced
- Capable to develop a sound and cost-effective staff strategy balancing the insourcing / outsourcing of IT resources.
- Familiar with the interaction of information systems and technology with the instrumentation and computer-based process control systems and automation.
- Understanding of network requirements as it relates to instrument, equipment, and loop calibrations requirements of various parameters in manufacturing, utilities, and laboratory environments.
- BS/MS Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Technology Management is preferred
- Equivalent military experience and/or other applicable experience will be considered in lieu of education
- 8+ years of experience in IT roles and at least 3 years in IT Leadership, preferably in a contract research organization, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, or other regulated setting.
- Experience managing vendors and contracted support personnel
- Stock Options
- 401k Plan with Matching
- Medical, Vision and Dental Plans
- Long Term/Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- 23 Days Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Policies
**Please note, Humacyte does not provide sponsorship at this time.**