Internal Application: Personal Lines Assistant Account Executive
Assistant | Charlotte, NC | Full Time
Personal Lines Assistant Account Executive
Since 1962, Hull & Company has provided a wide variety of products from stable, prestigious carriers nationally and globally. Thanks to continued successful relationships with many of the finest retail Insurance agents & brokers in America, we have grown into one of the largest companies of our kind.
Reporting to a executive, underwriter at an advanced level of position/difficulty, working independently. Primary responsibilities include independent decision-making and discretion in regards to the underwriting function, while determining acceptability of business and integrity of underwriting practices.
Essential Duties and Functions:
- Process all renewal quotes.
- Send the approved renewal quote to the agent.
- Send close out letters within 24 hours of expiration if account is not renewed.
- Issue both the new business binders and policies, order inspections (if needed) and set up follow up suspense.
- Follow up with agent on any inspection discrepancy and make appropriate changes to the policy if needed.
- Issue renewal policies for all carriers.
- Book agency billed new business and renewal premiums in Agency Management Software.
- Send all endorsement/cancellation requests to company for processing and forward completed endorsement to agent. Will also bill any AP or RP in Agency Management Software.
- Make sure that taxes are filed.
- Secondary phone operator.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently.
- Interpersonal skills—the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others' ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Oral communication—the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations and demonstrates group presentation skills.
- Written communication—the individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information.
- Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully and maintains confidentiality.
- Quality control—the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Safety and security—the individual observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
- 4 year degree preferred
- Proficient with MS Office Suite
- Exceptional telephone demeanor
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- 1 – 3 years experience in a similar position
Hull & Company offers a competitive salary and an excellent employee benefits package including 8 holidays/year, vacation, medical, dental, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, disability coverage, educational assistance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and a 401k Plan. We are a merit based company, hard work & performance is recognized & rewarded in this office. High performers for these positions tend to be fast paced, analytical, intuitive, and possess generally good business instincts & critical thinking skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.