Internal Application: Policy Issuance/Administrative Services Assistant
Assistant | Charlotte, NC | Full Time
Since 1962, Hull & Company has provided a wide variety of products from stable, prestigious carriers nationally and globally. Thanks to continued successful relationships with many of the finest retail Insurance agents & brokers in America, we have grown into one of the largest companies of our kind.
Reporting to a manager/supervisor, this position will provide administrative and technical support to the Account Executives and their underwriting staff.
- Issue and/or review policies for personal lines and commercial lines carriers.
- Process policy changes/endorsements.
- Review files to ensure accounts meet the underwriting guidelines and requirements of the carrier.
- Audit files to ensure accounts meet the requirements of our corporate office.
- Order and review inspection reports from various inspection vendors. Send discrepancies and recommendations to agents and company and follow-up with agents to get written confirmation that requirements have been met.
- Process commission statements from carriers.
- Process or distribute incoming mail, paper and electronic. Process incoming requests promptly and appropriately.
- Receive incoming payments and maintain payment log. Keep payments in a secure and locked area until deposited to bank or forwarded to another office.
- Provide underwriting and premium information to several carriers by creating and downloading reports from database.
- Maintain license information all licensed staff to include reminders for continuing education, providing continuing education options and updating agent information on department of insurance websites.
- Maintain office directories and general information.
- Serve as operator for incoming calls to general/toll-free phone number. Assist other departments with incoming calls if needed.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Qualifications for Successful Performance
- Sets priorities and manages work flow to ensure efficient, timely and accurate processing of transactions and other responsibilities.
- Maintains a cordial and effective relationship with agents, co-workers, carriers, vendors and other business contacts.
- Keeps informed regarding announcements and changes from carriers, vendors, and corporate office. Ensures that co-workers are informed by sharing information.
- Interacts with others effectively by utilizing good communications skills, cooperating purposefully and willing to make changes, as needed, to achieve the business goals of the agency.
- Minimum education required – High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 1-3 years of experience in similar role
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Website Systems
- Ability to read and comprehend industry jargon and documents
- Ability to follow and adhere to verbal and written procedures and instructions.
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality
Hull & Company offers a competitive salary and an excellent employee benefits package including 8 holidays/year, vacation, medical, dental, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, disability coverage, educational assistance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and a 401k Plan. We are a merit based company, hard work & performance is recognized & rewarded in this office. High performers for these positions tend to be fast paced, analytical, intuitive, and possess generally good business instincts & critical thinking skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.