Hub Bay Area | San Francisco, CA
Job Title: Community Administrator, Hub San Francisco
Overview: The Hub Bay Area is seeking a dynamic, detail-oriented, people-person to be our next Community Administrator. The Community Administrator is responsible for creating and facilitating a unique environment that is warm, inviting, and an efficient workspace for its diverse membership. By providing support for members through administrative management, customer support, and a one-stop resource of professional resources and community knowledge, Hosts build the capacity of Bay Area social entrepreneurs. Additionally, the Community Administrator represents and advocates for social entrepreneurs as the Hub model evolves to address the needs of this community.
About The Hub
The Hub is a space for social innovators to work, meet, connect, and inspire. Members come to Hubs across the globe to collaborate, access market opportunities and capital, build community, and scale ideas. It is a place-based and online community of entrepreneurs, freelance professionals, artists, funders, students, mentors, community leaders – amazing people, doing incredible things. We borrowed from the best of a member’s club, business incubator, idea lab, and the comforts of home to create a different kind of space. A habitat for innovators.
More than 28 Hubs exist around the globe – connected through a network of shared values, online tools, physical spaces, and more than 4500 Members. Locally, Hub Bay Area is located on two floors encompassing 18,000 square feet at the Chronicle Building in San Francisco’s SoMa District and at The David Brower Center in Berkeley.
The Hub is for people acting on their passions, unleashing their creativity and who aim to leave a legacy in the world. We envision a future where each individual and organization will take courageous and mindful action, and use their potential to create positive impact. Most importantly we see the need to take this step together. To empower and trust each other and build the new social infrastructure required to make a significant, globally local, shift. We pioneer this future in service of the world at large, people and planet together
You will be joining a small and dynamic team at the Hub Bay Area to make this vision of building a better world a reality. The Hub Bay Area is part of a larger platform of social enterprises that includes: Social Capital Markets, Hub Ventures, and Hub Cities.
For more information, visit www.hubbayarea.com.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Hosting and administration
- Serve as the first line of communication for members, prospective members, and visitors.
- Welcome visitors and new members and set an example re: the culture, habits and ethos of The Hub
Provide information and assistance to members and those who call, email or visit The Hub
- Provide informative tours of The Hub
- Lead new member orientation
- Connect members to member resources
- Inspire and support members’ initiatives
- Connect Hub members to each other and support the creation and development of Member working groups and collaborations.
- Perform a variety of interconnected administrative tasks to provide customer relations management – with the use of platforms such as online social media, Salesforce, Desk.com, MailChimp, Formstack, Eventbrite, Gmail, Wordpress, Hub Space (internal member management system), and other instruments
- Member Attraction and Community Engagement
- Direct Hub members to physical and non-physical resources (i.e. ranging from office supplies and printer help to personal connections based on interest and/or discipline)
- Assign and manage intern project work for 5+ interns.
- Manage recruitment, training, and scheduling of Hub Bay Area junior staff
- Supervise, schedule, check-in, facilitate, coordinate junior staff meetings to ensure high volunteer satisfaction and engagement
- Manage Hub Bay Area operations systems and tools
- Manage overall order of Hub Bay Area space
- Manage Hub Bay Area enrollment process and interviews with support of junior staff
- Oversee quality of info account responses and online/offline sales execution by junior hosts
Skills and Abilities:
- Entrepreneurial drive with ability to self-manage and also works well in a team
- Extremely detail oriented
- Ability to gather people, find synergies, build on ideas, and inspire others
- Ability to connect with diverse cultural, social, and educational backgrounds
- Experience with multi-project management and project management tools
- Ability to shift priorities quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills with a high standard of communication
- Hands-on approach to problem solving
- Familiarity with Google Apps suite
- Knowledge of various social and environmental sectors
- Can easily adopt new social media and member management platforms
- Comfortable with conflict management situations
- Access to the Hub’s amazing network and connections in the social impact space
- Connection to other Hubs and Hub members around the country and world
- Access to SOCAP and Hub Ventures events and networks
- Fun and casual working environment with team building. For example we host game nights and hikes for staff
- Hub Membership benefits
- Professional Development opportunities
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Matching 401(k)
- Eligibility for participation in Profit Interest Plan
- Monthly Wellness Stipend ($50/month)
Location: Hub SF
Hours: Full Time
Reports to: Hub Bay Area Operations Officer, Hub Bay Area
The Hub Bay Area is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability or sexual orientation in employment or the provision of services.
Please submit resume detailing your experience, a cover letter describing your interest and fit for this role and your salary requirements. The position is open until filled with a deadline of Friday, September 21, 2012 at 4:00 pm.