Warehouse and Logistics Generalist
Community Engagement | Indianapolis, IN | Full Time
Rise Against Hunger is an international hunger relief organization that is driven by the vision of a world without hunger. Since 1998, the organization has coordinated the distribution of food and lifesaving aid to the world’s most vulnerable in countries all over the world. The organization’s mission is to build awareness and drive a global commitment to ending hunger by 2030.
The Warehouse and Logistics Generalist will fill a much needed role in our Indianapolis warehouse location. This person will be responsible for the operations, logistics, and maintenance of the warehouse. Some functions of the position will include receiving and shipping of goods, interacting with Community Engagement staff and Third-Party Warehouses, and preparing/staging for meal-packaging events. Some data entry, administrative, and customer service skills are a plus. The right candidate will be a highly motivated individual who is a team player, motivated, organized, professional and efficient.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Load and unload raw materials, packaged meals, equipment and supplies by hand, pallet jack, and forklift.
- Package finished products for shipping: shrink wrap, box, label and palletize
- Ensure warehouse facilities meet health and sanitation regulations
- Clean and organize the warehouse and all equipment
- Stage, load, and unload of materials and equipment for meal packaging events
- Be able to execute all warehouse operations including lifting up to 50 pounds, moving up to 2500 pounds with a manual pallet jack, washing meal packaging equipment, and cleaning warehouse facility
- Inventory control management while monitoring inventory levels
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Hold, or can obtain, relevant qualifications, including a Forklift Certification, and DOT physical
- Flexibility and willingness to handle diverse tasks as needed
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds unassisted and move pallets weighing up to 2,500 pounds
- General knowledge of warehouse tools along with basic knowledge of how to service and maintain equipment
- Ability to make key decisions in critical situations
- Must be able to work in non-climate controlled environment.
- Attention to detail
- Systematic thinking
- Task completion
- Interpersonal skills
- Self-management- taking initiative
- Previous experience in warehouse setting is preferred
- Current valid driver’s license with minimum of 7 years of clean driving
- Clean background check with ability to take and pass drug screenings
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Experience working in non-profit setting is a plus
Rise Against Hunger is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a workplace without discrimination and harassment of any kind. All candidates will receive equal consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, or protected veteran or disabled status.
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME AND COVER LETTER ON OUR WEBSITE