Supply Chain Project Manager
Operations | Remote within USA | Full Time
Rise Against Hunger is an international hunger relief organization that is driven by the vision of a world without hunger. Since 1998, the organization has coordinated the distribution of food and lifesaving aid to the world’s most vulnerable in countries all over the world. The organization’s mission is to build awareness and drive a global commitment to ending hunger by 2030.
The Supply Chain Project Manager will be responsible for planning and execution of strategic and tactical supply chain programs and projects for Rise Against Hunger. The Manager will drive efforts to improve efficiency and effectiveness of logistical procedures. Projects may include gathering data and information, conducting in-depth analysis, developing and prioritizing projects and coordinating the plans for resolution.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing, evaluating, planning and justifying alternatives for efficient and effective distribution network designs, processes and systems that support meal packaging events.
- Optimizing and improving supply chain purchases (and related agreements), transportation, inventory, facilities, equipment, processes, systems, labor and serviceability with new plans and projects, as well as on-going continuous improvement initiatives for current supply chain programs and processes.
- Developing 1-year tactical and 3-to-5-year strategic supply chain plans and budgets to support the organization’s strategic initiatives.
- Provide effective analysis of market conditions and supplier quality and delivery performance to determine present and future material availability and pricing.
- Implementation of global cost reduction, lead-time improvement and customer service enhancing initiatives that enable the identification and sourcing of suppliers, products, and services at best-in-class quality, price, delivery, and service levels.
- Collect and analyze data to help the global operations team make better business decisions
- Insure optimal inventory levels, minimal aged inventory, adequate capacity to achieve sales forecast; work with supply chain to investigate/execute new manufacturing processes and platforms; drives lead time improvement.
- Effectively communicating with, coaching, directing and managing remote project teams. This may include travel to Rise Against Hunger and supplier locations.
- Managing projects to deploy and implement supply chain plans. This includes applying best practices for project management while developing project charters and project management plans, directing and managing project work activities, monitoring and controlling project scope, objectives, schedules, cost and quality closing projects and managing transitions to stable and sustainable operations.
- Excellent problem-solving skills (identify, analyze, research, evaluate, resolve)
- Demonstrated ability to champion change, influence and drive results in a complex organization
- Deadline and detail oriented; ability to understand, make decisions and develop action plans based on data analysis
- Knowledge in inventory management, warehouse design & operations, transportation management, process analysis & design, financial analysis and business case justification are required.
- Strong management and organizational skills and proficiency in Google Suite and Microsoft Office applications is required.
- Ability to be self-directed and handle ambiguous environments
- Intellectually curious, self-motivated, can manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Communicates Effectively
- Ensures Accountability
- Manage Complexity
- Optimizes Work Processes
- An undergraduate degree in supply chain management, industrial engineering or business is preferred. Professional supply chain certification is also preferred.
- 3 or more years of project management experience is required
- 3 or more years of supply chain management experience is required.
- 3 or more years of business process improvement is preferred
Rise Against Hunger is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a workplace without discrimination and harassment of any kind. All candidates will receive equal consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, or protected veteran or disabled status.
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME AND COVER LETTER ON OUR WEBSITE