Director of Technology Services and Solutions
Technology Solutions and Services | Raleigh, NC | Full Time
Rise Against Hunger is an international hunger relief organization that is driven by the vision of a world without hunger. Since 1998, the organization has coordinated the distribution of food and lifesaving aid to the world’s most vulnerable in countries all over the world. The organization’s mission is to build awareness and drive a global commitment to ending hunger by 2030.
The Director of Technology Services and Solutions will be responsible for the entire IT spectrum for the organization from network maintenance to implementation of complex technology solutions. The director role serves as a strategic partner and directs all operational activities of the IT department. In addition, this position works closely with decision makers through the organization to identify, recommend, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct all technology operations and systems to leverage resources, provide innovative strategies, and ensure end users have the tools required to meet achieve their business objectives.
- Responsible for the technology vision and planning process that will regularly evaluate existing technology, information systems, and staffing in support of a data-rich decision-making culture
- Build, lead, and mentor a cohesive IT team, encouraging collaborative working relationships with the staff, volunteers, and business partners.
- Responsible for the planning, development, implementation, and management of all IT infrastructure operations, including the operating system, networks, telecommunications, hardware, and peripherals, as well as the operating and acquisitions budgets.
- Create and maintain documented IT policies and departmental systems, standards and protocols, including but not limited to data security, data backup and retention, network performance monitoring, and change management
- Maintain contact with IT suppliers and keep up-to-date on current technology, equipment, prices, and terms of agreements to minimize investments.
- Manage the development and performance of assigned employees to assure optimum use of resources
- Set benchmarks and metrics to monitor IT service-level agreements and assure that service levels are being met.
- Establish and manage an IT project calendar, tracking progress to ensure the timely completion of projects within budget
- Ensure the security of all technology systems against threats of viruses/malware, theft or loss of customer data. Successfully maintain PCI compliance
- Evaluate effectiveness and economy of existing system architecture and applications. Develop and maintain organization-wide systems architecture, defining standards and protocols for data exchange, data security, communications, software and interconnection of information systems
- Lead and serve on cross-functional teams and internal committees
- Must have track record of successfully managing change, process improvement, and operational performance.
- Passion for staying current in the field
- Excellent problem solving, customer service and communication skills
- Develop and maintain respectful and collaborative relationships
- Ability to create effective working relationships with company and community partners
- Able to maintain a professional demeanor, sense of humor, and be highly productive under pressure.
- Desire to drive positive and progressive change via technology in a non-profit environment
- Cultivates innovation
- Drives vision and purpose
- Manages complexity
- Communicates effectively
- Action oriented
- Master's degree in Business Administration or Computer Information Systems
- Five years of IT leadership experience including strategic planning and development of policy and infrastructure
- Five years of computer support and project management support
- Five years of system security and computer networking and troubleshooting experience
- Prior IT support and/or management experience in a not-for-profit work environment
Rise Against Hunger is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a workplace without discrimination and harassment of any kind. All candidates will receive equal consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, or protected veteran or disabled status.
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME AND COVER LETTER ON OUR WEBSITE