Director of Individual and Major Giving
Donor Empowerment | Raleigh, NC | Full Time
Rise Against Hunger is an international hunger relief organization that is driven by the vision of a world without hunger. Since 1998, the organization has coordinated the distribution of food and lifesaving aid to the world’s most vulnerable in countries all over the world. The organization’s mission is to build awareness and drive a global commitment to ending hunger by 2030.
The Director or Individual and Major Giving will serve to direct all individual giving strategies, foundation funding and donor database administration for Rise Against Hunger.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management Responsibilities (management of 3 staff and one contract position)
- Oversee staff in Individual Giving, Major Gifts, and Fund Development verticals
- Responsible for overall revenue generation in each of the above areas
- Manage and oversight of staff in data management and Salesforce
- Serve as a member of the leadership team in Donor Empowerment
- Oversee contract work for Major Gifts initiative
- Major Giving Responsibilities
- Draft strategy for all individual asks over $25,000
- Create and maintain prospect pipeline
- Participate in high level solicitations and serve as the ‘closer’
- Draft and reconcile major giving budget
- Oversee creation of Case Statement
- Individual Giving
- Support collaboration between Chief Development Officer and members of the Global Impact team to improve communications and streamline Donor Empowerment support of sustainable development programs
- Oversee Direct Marketing program working closely with Manager of Individual Giving on the Donor Empowerment team and the Manager of Relationship Marketing on the Brand Ambassador team.
- Good communication skills, both written and spoken (especially when dealing with off site staff and partners)
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Must be able to prioritize and manage multiple assignments with tight deadlines (both short and long term) within a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to build relationships across organization and remote offices
- Must possess an excellent sense of humor, spirit of positivity, and solid professionalism
- Communicates Effectively
- Manages complexity
- Nimble learning
- Plans & Aligns
- Bachelor’s degree required, and a minimum of 8 years of experience in a professional office setting managing nonprofit fundraising activities
- Background with international humanitarian aid projects in a minimum of 4 countries
- Proficiency with PC platforms; fluency with Microsoft Office particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint; familiarity with AP Style
- Experience with TeamRaiser, Classy, Salesforce or similar CRM a plus
- Willingness to travel 50%; Position may be remote, but would be required to travel to the HQ office a minimum of 3x a month.
Rise Against Hunger is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a workplace without discrimination and harassment of any kind. All candidates will receive equal consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, or protected veteran or disabled status.
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME AND COVER LETTER ON OUR WEBSITE