Director of Global Impact
Global Impact | Raleigh, NC | Full Time
Rise Against Hunger is an international non-governmental hunger relief organization that is driven by the vision of a world without hunger. Since 1998, the organization has coordinated the distribution of food and lifesaving aid to the world’s most vulnerable in countries all over the world. Rise Against Hunger has also a growing portfolio of programs aimed at eliminating chronic hunger and malnutrition around the world through sustainable community development that addresses the drivers of food insecurity. The organization’s mission is to build awareness and drive a global commitment to ending hunger by 2030.
The Director of Global Impact is responsible for leading Global Impact departmental efforts toward designing and executing our Pathways to End Hunger framework in collaboration with our Impact Partners (IP) in the areas of agricultural development, food security, nutrition, health, livelihoods and economic growth programs. The Global Impact team at RAH is engaged in advancing our monitoring, evaluation adaptation and learning framework for impact and building the evidence base for both internal and external learning to better inform sustainable food security programming. Be actively involved in strategic leadership discussions while positioning the organization’s impact measurements, cutting edge methodologies, and emergent practices in the centers of influence such as workshops and learning spaces. This position will be based in Raleigh, North Carolina.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Strategic Leadership and Business Planning
- Lead the execution of the Pathways to End Hunger Framework consistent with the Global Impact Annual Work Plan, revenue driver and program quality metrics.
- Manage operational departmental budget and align team plans with Rise Against Hunger Strategic Plan.
- Ensure accomplishment of the Global Impact work plan, objectives and targets by setting high standards and monitoring compliance.
- Champion departmental, processes and system application to effectively and efficiently measure and communicate organization impact.
- Participate in annual budgeting process, presenting team goals, negotiating budget requests with the management team.
- Ensure technical program support for all Rise Against Hunger Impact project portfolios.
Technical Assistance and Capacity Building
- Promote implementation of Rise Against Hunger technical standards among teams in RAH and Impact Partners to ensure alignment, quality and consistency of approach.
- Explore best and emergent practices for Rise Against Hunger programs and keep abreast of research, standards, and donor guidelines.
- Provide leadership to the Global Impact team technical advisors in provision of technical assistance and guidance to staff in program design and implementation.
Public & Major Foundation Grant Acquisition
- Collaborate with Donor Empowerment team to identify sources of funding that fit within Pathways to End Hunger framework and strategies.
- Lead team in technical direction of development of consortia proposals and projects.
Relationships and Networks
- Network with public and major foundation donors, other NGOs, and industry thought leaders and practitioners to build Rise Against Hunger technical brand and competitiveness to acquire significant food security program funding. Support the Donor Empowerment Unit donor networking as needed.
- Represent Rise Against Hunger by participating in professional associations; speaking engagements, task forces and working groups focused on integrated food and nutrition security programming.
- Ensure effective bi-directional implementation, communication and learning between Rise Against Hunger and Impact Partners.
- Liaise and coordinate with other Rise Against Hunger cross functional teams. This includes representing Global Impact team on the process team and key leader’s meetings.
Talent and Resource Management
- Lead, develop, and hire, a global team of food security and monitoring and evaluation professionals who execute projects and evolve processes to effectively broaden the organization’s impact worldwide.
- Actively and regularly coach and mentor employees to higher performance and capabilities, consistent with organizational needs, and considering their personal and professional goals.
- At the direction of the CIO, marshal limited resources (people, capital and infrastructure) to the most productive uses with the aim of creating maximum value and a globally optimized network.
- Integrate organizational policies, directives and standard operating procedures into a clear, cohesive framework.
- Build a culture of continuous improvement and innovation, engaging the hearts and minds of staff and evolving processes and programs over time to more effectively and efficiently achieve goals.
- Dynamic leadership skills; consistently creates a positive, productive and collaborative work environment.
- Strategic thinker with developed project management skills and follow-through which includes assessing a problem, obtaining and evaluating appropriate facts and reaching sound and timely solutions.
- Experience working on USAID, USDA, BMGF, DFID or other donor foundations/programs preferred.
- Manages Ambiguity
- Communicates Effectively
- Builds Networks
- Organizational Savvy
- Ensures Accountability
- Manages Complexity
- A Master's-level degree in relevant field including International development, public health, food policy, applied agricultural economics, nutrition, and/or international development studies.
- 10 years’ relevant experience in international development and humanitarian practice or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience designing, implementing, and directing complex or multiple projects of strategic importance, including managing finances, supervising multidisciplinary professionals and coordinating the work of partners while meeting deadlines.
- Experience working with current trends and practices in relevant discipline(s) and geographic regions.
- Supervisory experience, including motivating, leading, setting objectives and managing performance.
- Politically savvy and experienced in partnership development with non-profit partners, community groups and/or government agencies.
- Experience conceiving and implementing strategic and creative initiatives.
- Experience negotiating and influencing.
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively overseas (at least 25% of the time).
Rise Against Hunger is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a workplace without discrimination and harassment of any kind. All candidates will receive equal consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, or protected veteran or disabled status.
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME AND COVER LETTER ON OUR WEBSITE