Community Engagement Warehouse Assistant - Indianapolis
Community Engagement | Indianapolis, IN | Part Time
Rise Against Hunger is an international hunger relief organization that is driven by the vision of a world without hunger. Since 1998, the organization has coordinated the distribution of food and lifesaving aid to the world’s most vulnerable in countries all over the world. The organization’s mission is to build awareness and drive a global commitment to ending hunger by 2030.
We are hiring for qualified warehouse assistant to fill a part time role in our Indianapolis warehouse location. This person will be responsible for maintenance of the warehouse, receiving and shipping of goods, preparing for and facilitating events. Some data entry, administrative, and customer service skills are a plus.
- Attention to details
- Systematic and critical thinking
- Task completion
- Interpersonal skills
- Self-management – taking initiative
- Assist in loading and unloading raw materials, packaged meals, equipment and supplies by hand, pallet jack, and forklift.
- Assist with packaging finished products for shipping: shrink wrap, box, label and palletize
- Assist with ensuring that warehouse facilities meet health and sanitation regulations
- Assist in cleaning and organizing the warehouse and all equipment
- Assist with staging, loading, facilitating and unloading of materials for meal packaging events
- Flexibility and willingness to handle diverse tasks as needed
- Current valid driver’s license with minimum of 7 years of clean driving
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Public speaking with various sized groups
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds unassisted and move pallets weighing up to 2,500 pounds
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends
- Must be able to work in non-climate controlled environment.
Rise Against Hunger is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a work place without discrimination and harassment of any kind. All candidates will receive equal consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, or protected veteran or disabled status.
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME AND COVER LETTER ON OUR WEBSITE