Community Engagement Manager - Kansas City
Community Engagement | Overland Park, KS | Full Time
Rise Against Hunger is an international hunger relief organization that is driven by the vision of a world without hunger. Since 1998, the organization has coordinated the distribution of food and lifesaving aid to the world’s most vulnerable in countries all over the world. The organization’s mission is to build awareness and drive a global commitment to ending hunger by 2030.
We are currently seeking an eager, entrepreneurial-minded individual to come in and “run the show” in our Kansas City location. As the Community Engagement Manager, you will be responsible for growing, managing, and promoting Rise Against Hunger’s meal packaging programs and sustainability projects and managing a team of internal staff and volunteers. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Program promotion and developing community involvement through various religious congregations, civic organizations, schools, and other community groups.
- Coordination and facilitation of meal packaging events including scheduling, setting up equipment, staging volunteers and educating participants about world hunger.
- Give presentations, participate in conferences, and facilitate a brief educational program on hunger for meal packaging events.
- Manage, train, and cultivate relationships with volunteers and donors.
- Properly track and manage incoming cash and donations, effectively control budget.
- Serve as a primary contact for local media outlets and be a knowledgeable source of information on programs and the organization.
- Effectively coordinate with staff to ensure programs and organizational goals are consistently met.
- Cultivate open line of communication with various departments throughout the organization to promote teamwork and collaboration.
- Manage internal staff to ensure that growth and development goals are being met.
- Apply leadership and decision making abilities to handle everyday situations.
- Receive shipments of raw ingredients, supplies, and equipment, ship finished products in compliance with USDA requirements for food processing and storage.
- Properly process all documentation including invoices, bill of ladings, and receipts of orders.
- Track and keep records of meal production related to projections, meals shipped, inventory, volunteers, and donations/revenue.
- Ensure that adequate stock of ingredients and properly functioning equipment is available at all time to meet the demands of the program.
- Safely and effectively load, unload, and transport raw materials, equipment, and packaged meals to and from satellite packaging locations with pallet jacks and forklifts.
- Ensure that the warehouse facilities meet health, safety, and sanitation guidelines in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Current valid driver’s license with a clean driving record and current passport.
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills with experience speaking to large groups.
- Ability to frequently lift 50 lbs. throughout shift, occasionally up to 75 lbs. and move pallets weighing up to 2500 lbs. utilizing pallet jacks and forklifts.
- Must be able to work flexible schedule including most weekends and some evenings.
- Ability to self-manage, work on multiple projects simultaneously, and work independently.
- Must be able to work in non-climate controlled warehouse environment.
- Previous knowledge of Microsoft office, Google Docs, and other database software.
- Must be an effective communicator through verbal and written methods.
- Possess the ability to provide coaching, training, and effective feedback to staff.
- Previous experience working in a non-profit environment.
- Knowledge of international development, public health, or food insecurities.
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME AND COVER LETTER WITH APPLICATION
Rise Against Hunger is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a work place without discrimination and harassment of any kind. All candidates will receive equal consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, or protected veteran or disabled status.