Community Engagement Coordinator - Orange County
Community Engagement | Santa Ana, CA | Full Time
Rise Against Hunger is an international hunger relief organization that is driven by the vision of a world without hunger. Since 1998, the organization has coordinated the distribution of food and lifesaving aid to the world’s most vulnerable in countries all over the world. The organization’s mission is to build awareness and drive a global commitment to ending hunger by 2030.
The Community Engagement Coordinator will be an integral part of the day to day office functions and the meal packaging event program. This position will be a main support for the Manager and Assistant Manager and is responsible for assisting in meal packaging event planning, program promotion, and outreach. This candidate will also manage event facilitation and volunteer recruitment and coordination.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lives and advances the Rise Against Hunger Core Values: 1) LOVE It (Passion, Compassion, Advocacy, Optimism); 2) OWN It (Responsibility, Strategy, Adaptability, Balance); HANDLE It (Accountability, Effectiveness, Excellence, Persistence); SHARE It (Engagement, Empowerment, Relationship, Teamwork).
- Coordinate and facilitate meal packaging events including scheduling, setting up equipment, staging volunteers and educating participants about world hunger.
- Ensure accurate ordering and delivery of materials for meal packaging events
- Support meal packaging by staging finished meals and equipment for delivery from volunteer events to CDW
- Ensure accurate inventory of finished goods
- Some responsibility for promoting Rise Against Hunger and Rise Against Hunger’s Meal Packaging Program
- Support Rise Against Hunger’s impact through the recruitment and coordination of all potential meal packaging hosts, CE Board members, and Event Support Specialists
- Cultivate open line of communication with various departments throughout the organization to promote teamwork and collaboration.
- Innovation/Learning: Regularly recommends and executes improvements to processes or policies within their domain, with their Manager, in the spirit of continuous improvement and learning.
- Current valid driver’s license with a clean driving record with minimum of 7 years of driving; current passport is a plus.
- Experience using specialized equipment such as box trucks, forklifts, and pallet jacks prefered
- Ability to frequently lift 50 lbs., occasionally up to 75 lbs. and move pallets of up to 2,500 lbs. utilizing pallet jacks and lifts
- Experience developing, growing and maintaining customer relationships.
- Ability to track and manage multiple projects simultaneously and work independently
- Must be able to work flexible schedule including most weekends and some evenings
- Must be able to comply with DOT regulations
- Must be able to work in non-climate controlled warehouse
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills, comfortable speaking in front of large groups
- Attention to Detail
- Systematic Thinking
- Task Completion
- Interpersonal Skills
- Self-Management- taking initiative
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university or one to two years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience, education or knowledge related to hunger, international development and/or non-profits
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, database and internet software (ie. Salesforce), Google Suite
Rise Against Hunger is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a workplace without discrimination and harassment of any kind. All candidates will receive equal consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, or protected veteran or disabled status.
PLEASE SUBMIT COVER LETTER WITH YOUR RESUME